Street Racing... Read First Before Posting Your Story

I'll dispense with the lectures about street racing when normal driving is dangerous enough these days. We are all guilty of doing, trying, watching, enjoying or bragging about what we do and got away with in our cars. We all do stupid things, myself included. I think we should set a good example for others of all ages, so stories about doing anything on the street that a police officer would ticket you for, shouldn't be here. If you are not sure then don't bother posting.  

I totally agree. I somehow survived my early 20's driving the Texas Hill Country at a high rate of speed. I went off the road and took out 200 ft of barbed wire fence on a fast sweeping curve. 95 percent of the time it would have been Oak Trees.The fence didn't slow down the car but the ditch on the other side of the fence did. I was sliding broadside to the ditch and realized that I was not going to make it. I threw the car straight into the ditch and went across with not much drama but the car was almost a total loss.. If I had hit the ditch sliding sideways, I would have rolled at least a dozen times. You are not immortal. You are not invincible. You will not live forever, especially If you drive like a maniac. After this incident, I stopped driving like a Maniac.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a $7500.00 ticket when I was younger for drag racing in a parking lot. Needless to say now I drive like an old lady:) Speeding and driving crazy might seem like fun at the time but it's dangerous and expensive. Think about how much Datsun crap I could buy for $7500.00 dollars!!!!!!!!!! I have done a ton of stupid things on the road, most of them I was caught doing, some of it I got away with. All it takes is one mistake though, not worth it.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I'll dispense with the lectures about street racing when normal driving is dangerous enough these days. We are all guilty of doing, trying, watching, enjoying or bragging about what we do and got away with in our cars. We all do stupid things, myself included. I think we should set a good example for others of all ages, so stories about doing anything on the street that a police officer would ticket you for, shouldn't be here. If you are not sure then don't bother posting.

The point of this post is to not be glorifying street racing (hooning) with stories about what you did.

A race is a race, and a race involves the least amount of care and control. This post was to counteract a few (at the time) posts boasting of winning street races. Or heading that way and I thought this would set a good example. We all do stupid shit, no sense glorifying it.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

99.9% of the time I don't bother with "street racing". Just last weekend I had a guy in a slammed half carbon fiber E46 M3 try to race me.....I was with my girlfriend in her cant possibly be any more stock ford focus. That being said, that is the a pretty typical examply of some one who street races, they're usually an ass hat who doesn't have the mental compasity to think before they act.

• Like 1

Two weeks ago, I was traveling up the freeway at about 65ish, and in my rear view I saw a worked up RX7 FC, he pulled up next to me and reved his engine into a two step mode and proceeded to shoot flames out the back, then he left.

He didnt try to race me, or maybe he was, I mean in a straight line he WOULD have smoked me as I was in the Civic and its a cornering time attack machine, so therefore I didnt do anything. I really dont mess around on the streets honestly. But the whole time all I could think was........

Aren't apex seals expensive?

Street racing is lame, fuckin dudes just want to fight if they loose anyways they cant handle a loss. I dont race anyone on the street, I; however rarely obey the speed limit but am more than willing to pay the fine if i get caught. Not boasting just think speed limits need to be much higher. Speaking of higher speed limits it was just raised to 75 on I10 between Houston and Austin and what do you know the slower traffic was staying to the right. Cause going slower is just as hazardous as going faster than traffic and if you have trouble handling your car at the speed limit you probably need to stop driving.

• Like 1

Costs about $2K to get your license in Germany. Intensive driving instructions and classes. Left hand lane is strictly for passing and strictly enforced. There will always be problems here because of this. 80% of drivers shouldn't be on the road as it is.

In a way I agree, roads (some of them) can support higher speeds, cars are better made and safer to handle..... there is just one thing that hasn't changed over the last 100 years. A human's reaction time is still .75 seconds. (or whatever it is)  

• Like 3

One time, I passed a cop. I was going the speed limit.

But yes, dont post things that could get you in trouble, its just not wise. I also dont post the stupid things I do, like my tranny mount...

Ha ha ha, yeah, that's how I feel about my tranny mount too.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A race is a race, and a race involves the least amount of care and control.

I don't know about you, but everytime I ever street raced I was super careful. The only place we went was a road that was straight and 7 miles long, just because you could see whether anyone was coming. Whether it be someone just driving by, or a cop. There was one race im not proud of, and if I hadnt blocked off the car behind me, something very well couldve happened and people mightve gotten hurt. I've gotten my tickets, and learned enough not to race. It cost me a job and my insurance costs me more than rent.

Done the same and yes you think you are a careful as can be and in control but anything can happen. Hell the other guy's rear end might seize right beside you at 100 MPH and take you out.

I'm guilty of glorifying dangerous actions too. Some things are thrilling just because of the risk but on public roads you are risking other people without their consent. This post is to turn down the volume on hooning or street racing in all it's forms. It happens, but we don't have to encourage it by talking too much about it. Like smoking it should become socially unnacceptible.

• Like 1

last night some dingleberry in some kind of AMG pulled up next to me ( in the Civic) and then gunned it making roaring snarling sounds.

Now while I do like Mercedes........If I owned ANY Mercedes, I wouldnt be pulling up next to Honda Civics and trying to race in a straight line to show how cool I am.