Street Racing... Read First Before Posting Your Story

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one am not above reproach. Seeing as how this thread was started because of me :/ I agree that the nature of my thread should have probably not been posted here in the ratsun community or any other respectable community. For that I apologize.

However, if I may, I would appreciate some consistency with OP's position on racing threads. I may be misunderstanding some point of the picture here and if I am please forgive me. If I am not mistaken op of this now pinned thread has made a forum wide stance against street racing. Yet op replied multiple times to my story with no seeming discouragement for my post until 2 days after. Seeing that he was a senior member administrator showing no seeming disapproval I was under the impression that it was ok.

I'm not trying to be capricious, I just think that op should have made it known earlier that my thread was unwarranted rather than straddle the fence. However, maybe this is a first and now we all know, if that's the case, then I understand.

Now lets get back to that good, helpful and insightful ratsun talk.

Ive ben to jail several times, but on an open freeway I speed, not all the time but when I do I take a chance of going back to jail. Anything over 20 mph a over the speed limit is felony speeding, and the officer will pull you from the car with there guns drawn and your car will be towed. So deffenatly dont speed on fridays. Or when your headed to blue lake.

I for one am not above reproach. Seeing as how this thread was started because of me :/ I agree that the nature of my thread should have probably not been posted here in the ratsun community or any other respectable community. For that I apologize.

However, if I may, I would appreciate some consistency with OP's position on racing threads. I may be misunderstanding some point of the picture here and if I am please forgive me. If I am not mistaken op of this now pinned thread has made a forum wide stance against street racing. Yet op replied multiple times to my story with no seeming discouragement for my post until 2 days after. Seeing that he was a senior member administrator showing no seeming disapproval I was under the impression that it was ok.

I'm not trying to be capricious, I just think that op should have made it known earlier that my thread was unwarranted rather than straddle the fence. However, maybe this is a first and now we all know, if that's the case, then I understand.

Now lets get back to that good, helpful and insightful ratsun talk.

No one's giving you grief for posting what you did. Far from it, we are all guilty here. Comments were made about 'street racing' and got me thinking about it and maybe it's time for a change. True, we all do things like this and damn, it's fun to get away with it too, but perhaps we shouldn't make so much out of it. Maybe stop glorifying something illegal lest it be thought acceptible. So if it seems like I was inconsistant it's because midway I was faced with the fact that I was actually condoning 'street racing' and as a moderator/administrator, Ratsun could be perceived as condoning street racing. I started this post not to scorn those who street race only to say maybe we should dial back posts about it.

Im going to share my story as an example of what not to do. I am young and dumb and not proud of this whatsoever but I definitely learned a lesson.
It was late and a photographer buddy wanted to go out and take some pictures of my car. I was tired and I didn't want to go far so we went to the school parking lot down the road. I got bored of regular shots so I started drifting around one of the islands. Then thought, why not just a massive burnout? Did that and then went to leave and kicked it out around the exit, misjudged the heat in the tires and slid into the curb and snapped my axle. One of the neighbors came out so I said fuck it and drove home with the wheel dragging. I got home and was just about to get into bed when my doorbell rang. there was 6 cop cars on my street and I got arrested right there for reckless driving, criminal mischief, and criminal trespass. Apparently there was about 4 neighbors that called it in and I found out my friend set his camera on the trunk of my car before I drive off and the cops picked that up. Also someone else previously had driven their truck up on the field and made a mess and Im getting charged for that as well as well with a supposed $500 damage to the curb. My court date is on Monday and if unable to get anything dropped Im looking at $8900 in fines and fees plus my lawyer Which I paid another $1000 for.
Point is this sucks and has set back my plans in life a few years, so don't be stupid like me.

Drinking while tranny mounting is acceptable.

Stories of illegal stuff indulged by you or friends on the street should be left out. Mentioning other illegal stuff with pictures on the internet is optional. Humorous and interesting stories are what this forum is for.

What bothers me is how the media labels the stupid shit people do ( or did , myself included) as "drag racing". Not good for the actual safe and legal sport. Take it to the track, before there are no tracks anymore due to misconseptions. 

I think drag racing began on the street but moved to a closed, purpose built track. If you say drag racing I think that most think of a 1/4 mile with grandstands. Street racing needs no explanation and usually does not include a 1/4mile run.

The news media is there to sell TV or newspaper advertizing space and little else. If it bleeds... it leads. I stopped watching the news last August and for one... I'm much happier.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I just lost a good friend last week (im 26yrs old and she was too). :blush: she was hit by a 68yr old drunk driver, like really man at that age you should know better! :sneaky:  I feel sick to the stomach when people drive drunk because they so selfish that they don't realize they putting other peoples lives in danger. as for street racing, they have drag strips, take that :poop:  there.

• 2 weeks later...

One time, i didnt go the race night on thursdays and the police didnt come and raid the scene and i wasnt the last one to leave and a cop didnt pull me over and ask me to race.

did that actually not happen like that?

who didnt win?