Street Racing... Read First Before Posting Your Story

last night some dingleberry in some kind of AMG pulled up next to me ( in the Civic) and then gunned it making roaring snarling sounds.

Now while I do like Mercedes........If I owned ANY Mercedes, I wouldnt be pulling up next to Honda Civics and trying to race in a straight line to show how cool I am.

Pretty sure they were laughing at your cute little Civic :p 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure they were laughing at your cute little Civic :P

And proving my point that money doesnt come with brains or taste.

The fact is that in reality I was the one laughing my ass off in my "cute" (its cute as F%(K by the way, thank you) Honda Civic.

Because if your trying to race in a straight line with less than a pro stock drag car (especially on the street) your a douche bag with no skill or talent that I care about.

Come try that shit with your 4000lb mercedes on the track and you will regret that shit real quick vs most  "cute" little Hondas that I know.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So - my son was driving our 1983 Sentra that had a whopping 69 HP.  While stopped at a light he had a Lambourghini pull up next to him.  As usual, having an excess of hubris, he started revving his 69 squirrels and actually got the Lambo driver to look over at him and take a racing position for when the light changed. Guess he figured he'd demo the abilities of his supercar.  The light changed and my son was off in a flash, well - maybe a slow flash.  Anyway, he got across the street and realized he was still pulling away from the Lambo. l Several seconds later it caught him and screamed by.  The Lambo driver had stalled it on the launch.  He wouldn't even look my sons way at the next light. :-)

Same son, several years later was out in my 280Z with his fiance' when a highly modified Civic pulled up next to him and started  revving his motor and looking over at him.  My son just grinned and slowly revved up the engine and let it gurgle down.  (my Z btw has an LS1 in it).  The Civic driver immediately just looked straight ahead.  When the light changed my son took off slowly and the Civic just sat there - completely defeated by the exhaust note. :-)

Several years later my wife and I were on the interstate going past Texas Stadium in Irving, TX which used to be the home of the Cowboys.  I noticed an SRT Neon coming up on me.  It was a new one and a pretty shiny red.  When he came along side me I was sort of ignoring him (remember - my wife was with me) when my wife says, "Honey, I think he wants to race you."  Had to do an alien check on her later as that was totally out of character for her.  Anyway, I looked over and the guy punched it and jumped out in front of me a bit.  That was all it took.  I downshifted from 6th to 5th to 4th and slowly came up beside him.  Once there I slammed it into 3rd and floored it.  Almost immediately I had to grab 4th and the car went into triple digits.  Held it for a few seconds and then backed off.  When the Neon finally caught me the driver was just grinning and shaking his head.  He'd just been smoked by grandpa and grandma in an old Z! :-)

• Like 2

Phantom I think you are missing the point of this thread. It's NOT here so we can post your kill scores from street racing. This only glorifies it to those who are impressionable out there reading about it. I know things happen out there, we just shouldn't make a big deal out of it. 

I'll dispense with the lectures about street racing when normal driving is dangerous enough these days. We are all guilty of doing, trying, watching, enjoying or bragging about what we do and got away with in our cars. We all do stupid things, myself included. I think we should set a good example for others of all ages, so stories about doing anything on the street that a police officer would ticket you for, shouldn't be here. If you are not sure then don't bother posting.

If everyone reads this or is directed here they should get the idea. As .sunlover said he was ragged on for bragging about his 'acts' on the street on a build thread or intro.

I for one am not above reproach. Seeing as how this thread was started because of me :/ I agree that the nature of my thread should have probably not been posted here in the ratsun community or any other respectable community. For that I apologize.

However, if I may, I would appreciate some consistency with OP's position on racing threads. I may be misunderstanding some point of the picture here and if I am please forgive me. If I am not mistaken op of this now pinned thread has made a forum wide stance against street racing. Yet op replied multiple times to my story with no seeming discouragement for my post until 2 days after. Seeing that he was a senior member administrator showing no seeming disapproval I was under the impression that it was ok.

I'm not trying to be capricious, I just think that op should have made it known earlier that my thread was unwarranted rather than straddle the fence. However, maybe this is a first and now we all know, if that's the case, then I understand.

Now lets get back to that good, helpful and insightful ratsun talk.

No one's giving you grief for posting what you did. Far from it, we are all guilty here. Comments were made about 'street racing' and got me thinking about it and maybe it's time for a change. True, we all do things like this and damn, it's fun to get away with it too, but perhaps we shouldn't make so much out of it. Maybe stop glorifying something illegal lest it be thought acceptible. So if it seems like I was inconsistant it's because midway I was faced with the fact that I was actually condoning 'street racing' and as a moderator/administrator, Ratsun could be perceived as condoning street racing. I started this post not to scorn those who street race only to say maybe we should dial back posts about it.

I think that everyone that started kitting up their ride an saying ''street race'' because they saw the fast and the furious is really what got us to the point of social unacceptability. When I was younger there was plenty of spontaneous racing going on but the aggression wasn't there. It was ''let's see who's got what'', not trying to prove who has the smaller dick, and most racing was between friends. It was all fun and games till a stupid kid in a Wrangler got himself killed, wasn't the first, damn sure wasn't the last. It did end the kids are kids mentality amongst our local cops. I still drive fast, by myself when there's no one around me, it is fun. If I feel the need to race though, there is a local dirt speedway. I guess most people don't know they lack the skill to be safe and get in over their heads.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a miata that got for 800 super clean and very healthy. It belonged to a older lady, i put some cheap raceland coilovers, garagestar fender braces, ect, ect.. After a month of owning her i went to the street races here in compton ca (LA's capital for racing). Took on a few hondas with fart cannons, cops came and raided the block so we all took off to a mcdonalds after most of my friends left home. I, sadly got amped and wanted to continue. On ohr way to the next spot i got distracted and took a red, and no, not o my phone, the one day i forgot it at home lol. I T boned a expedition in the rear pas. Door. I didnt have insurance and the car wasnt under my name yet..

So cops came i had to pay with my own money repairs for the guys truck, also i got charged 240 for towing at night, AND I got a red light ticket. Worst night ever.. Till i got wrecked in the same miata a few months later. I was going to 7/11 at 4am o black friday 2013. A new model charger tapped me i the rear, it was raining that night so i went sideways, up the side walk and streight into a street light. High and run.. I broke a rib and almost had to go into surgery for my cut spleen. That was the end of my poor car. She ended up like a boomerang. And i wasnt even speeding that time or anything, but i did plan on going up to the mountain pass.

Had a miata that got for 800 super clean and very healthy. It belonged to a older lady, i put some cheap raceland coilovers, garagestar fender braces, ect, ect.. After a month of owning her i went to the street races here in compton ca (LA's capital for racing). Took on a few hondas with fart cannons, cops came and raided the block so we all took off to a mcdonalds after most of my friends left home. I, sadly got amped and wanted to continue. On ohr way to the next spot i got distracted and took a red, and no, not o my phone, the one day i forgot it at home lol. I T boned a expedition in the rear pas. Door. I didnt have insurance and the car wasnt under my name yet..

So cops came i had to pay with my own money repairs for the guys truck, also i got charged 240 for towing at night, AND I got a red light ticket. Worst night ever.. Till i got wrecked in the same miata a few months later. I was going to 7/11 at 4am o black friday 2013. A new model charger tapped me i the rear, it was raining that night so i went sideways, up the side walk and streight into a street light. High and run.. I broke a rib and almost had to go into surgery for my cut spleen. That was the end of my poor car. She ended up like a boomerang. And i wasnt even speeding that time or anything, but i did plan on going up to the mountain pass.

I'll dispense with the lectures about street racing when normal driving is dangerous enough these days. We are all guilty of doing, trying, watching, enjoying or bragging about what we do and got away with in our cars. We all do stupid things, myself included. I think we should set a good example for others of all ages, so stories about doing anything on the street that a police officer would ticket you for, shouldn't be here. If you are not sure then don't bother posting.  

No one's giving you grief for posting what you did. Far from it, we are all guilty here. Comments were made about 'street racing' and got me thinking about it and maybe it's time for a change. True, we all do things like this and damn, it's fun to get away with it too, but perhaps we shouldn't make so much out of it. Maybe stop glorifying something illegal lest it be thought acceptible. So if it seems like I was inconsistant it's because midway I was faced with the fact that I was actually condoning 'street racing' and as a moderator/administrator, Ratsun could be perceived as condoning street racing. I started this post not to scorn those who street race only to say maybe we should dial back posts about it.

A race is a race, and a race involves the least amount of care and control. This post was to counteract a few (at the time) posts boasting of winning street races. Or heading that way and I thought this would set a good example. We all do stupid shit, no sense glorifying it.

I'm guilty of glorifying dangerous actions too. Some things are thrilling just because of the risk but on public roads you are risking other people without their consent. This post is to turn down the volume on hooning or street racing in all it's forms. It happens, but we don't have to encourage it by talking too much about it. Like smoking it should become socially unnacceptible.

Why is it no one reads this thread topic and then proceed to post exactly what we are trying to discourage???

Because they just want to tell their "cool" story to stoke their ego. The title doesn't say in all caps "street racing is for morons" so the slow ones don't realise its an anti street racing topic. Have patience with those that can only count up to potato.