My KA24E Project...

5&dime720

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

prety dawm sweet how much have you spent so far?cuz its time for my swap but i dont know what swap i should do?

vg

sr

ka

the S2000 motor which i dont want but its there..

sbc

chevy v6 the posibilities are endless but its also what my pocket can back...lol:o

Thanks Nov & Ice!

vg

sr

ka

the S2000 motor which i dont want but its there..

sbc

chevy v6 the posibilities are endless but its also what my pocket can back...lol

I once had a 13bFD3s Twin Turbo Rotary in a 720 Truck. Don't have it any more. Long story short, I crashed it and it took me 3 years to build.

I had The choice of a vg. I didn't like that because it takes up too much room. The SR is a great engine but instant on demand parts availability is virtually impossible.

The s2k engine is great but I don't know about mixing brands if you aren't going to get "out of this word" power. Chevy v6's I am not feeling at all.

Personally I would go KA, DE or E may be even Rotary. There's a bott in kit already manufactured by some company for the rotary to bolt up to Dats/Niss Trannys and to mount the rotary in 510s...

yeah a guy that i met in the junk yard offered to do the 13b swap for me for about $1500 but i still had to get the carbs and some other things...but the 13b is koo and all but the only way i would like to use it is if it was turbo'd up cuz ether way with watever i do i want to stick a turbo in there...i just love the SR BOV psshhh...brooommmmm psshhh...:D:D:Dhehe

Yeah I saw your message on the other forum. If your serious, then here is my explanation.

The truck block and the 240 SX block are generally the same. The 240 SX block has a "basket type" of crank journal cap system. The truck system has and independent crank shaft journal cap system. (Typical)

The truck oil pan is rear sump. This makes up for the steering, sway bar and the frame support located under the engine.

All I did was mod the truck oil pan to accommodate the "basket" Type system.

The oil dip stick stays in the same place. They are the same oil pan. Just truck sump is rear and 240 is front.

Depth is the same. Many measurements made and I had my friend at the dealer order the various ones offered. They couldn't work for my needs.

The intake manifold is a BC Gerolamy Manifold. I have had it since 1994. You may be able to get it from Wolf Creek Racing. You can also Try Troy Ermish Racing in Fremont, Ca. They are $800.00

B.C. Gerolamy no longer does Nissan/ Datsun Stuff. Their focus/business is Harley/Indian Motorcycles.

I am very serious about this question and I am very aware of the differences. Thats why I asked the question, lol. Anyway, when I did the exact same thing I had problems with the dipstick getting consistent readings. I thought later about designing a guide tube for it so it sat in the exact spot every time. VG's have several one their oil pans for the numerous locations the dipsticks can be run. It also seemed to me from what I can remember that the dipstick poked more to the back of the sump on the trucks. I dotn remember exactly just what I can remember. Your build looks really nice and I cant wait to see how everything performs. peace.