85 720 cb 4x4 vs 90 yota 4x4

ok here is the small run down i am a proud owner of a lowered 620 an just picked up a 720 with a 4 in body lift on 33in supper swappers with the z24 an weber i also have a 90 toyota that i picked up about 3 weeks ago i got the 720 for plan to sell it but i am falling in love with it the yota has a 4 in suspension lift an a 22re motor on 31s i have 5 vehicles now an need to make a choice on what to sell 90 yota or 720  my question to everyone is how strong is the 720 for off road madness my only experiance in 4wheelin is with a toyota

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in my opinion on owning both, they both have advantages, toyota has more aftermarket, more ground clearance, and more power, but the 720 can turn sharper.  they both do great offroad, if i had to pick i would keep both :P but seriously if your gonna do strict wheeling id chose to keep the toyota, yea i know im gonna get flamed for that, but they have alot more aftermarket for them

sorry i havent got back to you guys sooner thanks for all the input an offers for trade but i have 5 vehicels an i jumped on this cuz it only needed ball joints but performance wise the nissan has more power then the yota even with bigger tires an i also like carb over efi i have a 87 yota on 31s thats the daily till i put my 620 together

I'd say if your gonna wheel it go with the one you like the best. You're going to end up modifying either one. I personally would take a kingcab over a single cab.

Power wise, it will probably cost about the same to build either motor.

PS If the Toyota has the V6 get rid of it :P

• Like 2
I'd say if your gonna wheel it go with the one you like the best. You're going to end up modifying either one. I personally would take a kingcab over a single cab.

Power wise, it will probably cost about the same to build either motor.

PS If the Toyota has the V6 get rid of it :P

Agreed!!

Buy a jeep..... No but honestly both good vehicles and all but yotas have such a calling for wheeling. I'm a Nissan fan and all but there's so many parts for toyotas it's not even funny. Although the kingcab comes in handy the yota is a wheeler. If its a DD / Sunday wheeler, nissan

• 2 weeks later...

The 720 looks a lot more complete. If you're talking serious wheeler you should do a straight axle swap, that throws the OEM from suspension design out the window.

Both rig are solid and capable. The power capabilities are pretty equal, they're the same displacement, one is injected and one is n/a. For wheeling efi is more reliable but itbwoildnt be too hard to do a twin c ka swap in the 720.

Hey! I've owned both. 1983 720 4x4 and Toyotas. You're either a Nissan guy or a Toyota guy. I have tried to like my Toyotas like I love my Nissans but no luck. I'm not a big off roader. But I've had both trucks lifted. I always got lots of compliments on my 720 because it was done up right and rare-er than the 100s of Toyotas.

I just traded a 1999 Corolla for a 1993 Pathfinder

Radio