Recently picked up yet another goon...

Yeah it is, it's even more Ninja when it's clean! You can see the outline because of the damn pollen powder, it blends in even more when it's clean like the bottom left portion of the wrench...but man "Patricia" is a dirty girl...I've washed it at least once a week since I got it. I have to use the two bucket method, using one way swipes with a clean wash mitt to avoid swirls to wash her and a separate mitt and wheel brush to clean the 10 spoke wheels, it's kind of a pain in the ass but well worth it in the end. :)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suspect: Maybe you missed my post #7 above that I mention I'm not a fan of the school kid with a ruler straight line design of the Cadillacs today, I mean just look at that C pillar and huge slab side design...holy thickness Batman, it makes those 19" wheels look small in proportion!

"Granted there aren't many wagon choices, but the Cadillac one is way way too expensive and I'm just not a fan of the designs...too many straight lines, looks like a kid with a ruler is designing cars for Cadillac right now."

And no disrespect either but based on your car fleet you have listed, I don't think you would actually spend the $63K MSRP sticker price for that thing, I know if I was throwing down that kind of money I would DEFINITELY choose a different luxury car for that price range, in fact I was seriously considering getting an Audi A6 sedan, but with it approaching $60K in the midpoint configurment I wanted, as the option packages QUICKLY add up on these things, I passed and decided to 'downgrade' (still pricey but worth it to us) to the A4 which fit our needs perfectly. 

I don't need the wife to be driving around in a wagon with a shoe-horned Corvette engine (or myself for that matter) plus I'd rather be driving something with real world engineering in mind (not drag strips), clean fluid styling (not transformer looking), superb awd handling, actual build quality, decent gas mileage, and lets be honest...just a little bit more panache than what a Cadillac offers...hence my choice in getting the Audi, but hey...whatever floats your (or anyone's) boat and whatever your pocket book can afford right?  That's the beauty of selecting your own car! :)

That rear end... 50% of the hp would be bogged down trying to carry all that metal/plastic...

I have never been a real fan of caddies though. It is strange, I always said "I don't like boxy cars" then the xB came out and I kinda liked it. Saw my first 510 and fell in love... Guess my whole box car idea is out the window.

I think Cadillac and Lincoln generally have horrible styling, and I can't stand all the "comforts." Give me something fun to drive with heat, a manual transmission, and maybe A/C and I'm happy. Give me heated seats and I feel pampered. Add heated rear view mirrors? Now why the hell do I need that?

I agree...boxy I've always been a fan of since the 510 is a boxy design, but so many straight lines and creases like on the Caddies...and umm, no thanks.  The only curves on the Caddie wagon are on the wheel well archs, the rest of it is all angles and corners.  They're going after that stealth fighter transformer look, and it just doesn't do it for me. 

It is really nice though, going from a typical 510 with loud exhaust, roll down windows, barely there heater, no a/c, manual transmission, etc, then getting into a car that does pamper you.  I was never a big fan of all the bells and whistle, but boy on a cold day the seat warmer sure feels good, and the heater on this thing kicks in, in seconds!  Trust me, it's a good thing!

• Like 1

Well i own a Audi not a big fan of the garbage A4.I have a cabriolet and i used to like it but not anymore,and i would take the big ugly gas wasting ctsv wagon then any other.But your car is nice lets face it its a entry level luxary car just like the 3 series and the crap i meen c class,these are the cars they give to people with bad credit was always my joke,i bought my audi for my wife because that's what she wanted but i will never buy another one.And for the record here is my junk. 

photo_zps7e06de06.jpg

Well i own a Audi not a big fan of the garbage A4.I have a cabriolet and i used to like it but not anymore,and i would take the big ugly gas wasting ctsv wagon then any other.But your car is nice lets face it its a entry level luxary car just like the 3 series and the crap i meen c class,these are the cars they give to people with bad credit was always my joke,i bought my audi for my wife because that's what she wanted but i will never buy another one.And for the record here is my junk.

The wife wanted it huh? There's no accounting for taste sometimes :P

Maybe you had a lemon of a B7 chassis A4? I have a B8, so hopefully they worked the bugs out.

Not sure about the bad credit thing...since I paid for it in full (and would have for the A6 I was considering as well) :)

So I saw one this weekend and parked next to it, I just don't see any appeal of this poor proportioned designed wagon. I mean look at those 'fang' looking tail lights and again that H-U-G-E C pillar, who designs like this?

Anyway I didn't post on here to try to justify my choice, which is why there's always a choice when picking your car! 

72A290A9-9B65-4523-A59B-4231CF47F66F-184

11AF2262-B740-48C9-9F75-01D9723FD3A9-184

C9D45C18-1EF3-4299-A055-355837D6B093-184

A32A8BC7-BFCD-43E4-91C9-A34C4342200C-184

Actually now that you posted the cars next to each other. I now hate the CTSV wagon. Its disproportional.

Entry level luxury cars? You are looking at it wrong, how about, fun to drive, quick, sporty, luxury cars. They were never meant to be the top of the line.

Its funny, because of all cars I would buy if I had the money, it would be a A4/S4,3 Series, or C class. Why? I like the niche they are in.

The wife wanted it huh? There's no accounting for taste sometimes :P

Maybe you had a lemon of a B7 chassis A4? I have a B8, so hopefully they worked the bugs out.

Not sure about the bad credit thing...since I paid for it in full (and would have for the A6 I was considering as well) :)

So I saw one this weekend and parked next to it, I just don't see any appeal of this poor proportioned designed wagon. I mean look at those 'fang' looking tail lights and again that H-U-G-E C pillar, who designs like this?

Anyway I didn't post on here to try to justify my choice, which is why there's always a choice when picking your car! 

72A290A9-9B65-4523-A59B-4231CF47F66F-184

11AF2262-B740-48C9-9F75-01D9723FD3A9-184

C9D45C18-1EF3-4299-A055-355837D6B093-184

A32A8BC7-BFCD-43E4-91C9-A34C4342200C-184

I think i came off to strong,its a good car just its just sad that these 2.0t have these issues and its not just the B7 the B8 are having the problems to.[Not all of them].I have 2 guys at work with the same or had the same issues,right now we are doing the oil consumption test to see if it is really burning oil or not,whats funny is they say 10000 mile oil changes but the turbo rob's some of that and i change my oil every 5000 and its low so i know its using oil excesivily.And as for the bad credit its something i always told the guys at work when they got the so called lower end models,when most people want the S class or R8 or 740 series as a joke.Your car is nice get some wheels on it though. :thumbup: 

Yeah that's why its good to have a warranty with a car right? I did my research so I knew it was going to be more expensive in the long run.  I won't be getting cheap $20 oil changes on this like I was used to for most of my other cars, that's for sure, it will be more like $100 oil changes (synthetic plus tire rotations to keep the warranty up) not to mention it only drinks premium gas.  Oh well, at least I was aware of all of this BEFORE I plunked down my cash and it didn't sneak up on me, but there is a pretty big difference in the driving experience and not to mention how many compliments I've gotten everywhere I drive her, and these are pretty yuppie places to begin with that I've gotten them from.  Heck I just got another two compliments , one on my way in from lunch and an instant message from another coworker who just saw it!

So I don't have any plans to used the roof racks for now (I'm buying a pair of bike racks soon though) so for now I took them off to get a cleaner/sleeker look.

6C0930A9-3AF6-477D-AB7D-7BDFDB395FF7-247

31E2EB4C-D1EC-4315-8118-6BAB3000F000-247

I decided to ditch the front license plate holder and swapped it out with just the black bar running across the grille.

F9FAA1A5-D9F2-45B6-91FA-06A427FA47EC-247

Makes enough money to buy 5 of these, and still buys furniture at Rent a Centre... :w00t:

Suspect: Maybe you missed my post #7 above that I mention I'm not a fan of the school kid with a ruler straight line design of the Cadillacs today, I mean just look at that C pillar and huge slab side design...holy thickness Batman, it makes those 19" wheels look small in proportion!

"Granted there aren't many wagon choices, but the Cadillac one is way way too expensive and I'm just not a fan of the designs...too many straight lines, looks like a kid with a ruler is designing cars for Cadillac right now."

And no disrespect either but based on your car fleet you have listed, I don't think you would actually spend the $63K MSRP sticker price for that thing, I know if I was throwing down that kind of money I would DEFINITELY choose a different luxury car for that price range, in fact I was seriously considering getting an Audi A6 sedan, but with it approaching $60K in the midpoint configurment I wanted, as the option packages QUICKLY add up on these things, I passed and decided to 'downgrade' (still pricey but worth it to us) to the A4 which fit our needs perfectly. 

I don't need the wife to be driving around in a wagon with a shoe-horned Corvette engine (or myself for that matter) plus I'd rather be driving something with real world engineering in mind (not drag strips), clean fluid styling (not transformer looking), superb awd handling, actual build quality, decent gas mileage, and lets be honest...just a little bit more panache than what a Cadillac offers...hence my choice in getting the Audi, but hey...whatever floats your (or anyone's) boat and whatever your pocket book can afford right?  That's the beauty of selecting your own car! :)

Your right, I would never be able to afford it.  If I could afford it, I would still prefer to have an older 60's Ford wagon, fairlane or something even a 510 wagon.  But vs an Audi, I'd still rather have the cadi wagon or even rather keep my falling apart 63 Mercury wagon.  I'm sure the audi is a better car in general, probably built better, and wont feel cheap like gm cars do.  I do agree the cadi isn't much for looks either, I think its ugly.

General Motors states a 0-60 mph time of 4.6 seconds for the first generation CTS-V, with the quarter mile time estimated at 13.1 seconds at 109 mph, onward to a stated top speed of 163 mph. The 14 inch diameter Brembo brakes can slow the vehicle from 60 mph in 110 feet. The first generation CTS-V also posted a lap time of 8 minutes 19 seconds at Germany's famed Nürburgring Nordschleife, competitive with rivals such as the Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG, BMW M5, and Lexus IS-F.

Your right, I would never be able to afford it. If I could afford it, I would still prefer to have an older 60's Ford wagon, fairlane or something even a 510 wagon. But vs an Audi, I'd still rather have the cadi wagon or even rather keep my falling apart 63 Mercury wagon. I'm sure the audi is a better car in general, probably built better, and wont feel cheap like gm cars do. I do agree the cadi isn't much for looks either, I think its ugly.

General Motors states a 0-60 mph time of 4.6 seconds for the first generation CTS-V, with the quarter mile time estimated at 13.1 seconds at 109 mph, onward to a stated top speed of 163 mph. The 14 inch diameter Brembo brakes can slow the vehicle from 60 mph in 110 feet. The first generation CTS-V also posted a lap time of 8 minutes 19 seconds at Germany's famed Nürburgring Nordschleife, competitive with rivals such as the Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG, BMW M5, and Lexus IS-F.

True but I wasn't looking to replace my wife's Accord with something old or American. Well almost, I was hoping Ford would have brought over the Ford Mondeo Wagon. With the technology package with the full LED headlights and all the European goodies, it's a nice looking ride for sure.

fd2013mondeowagon58051452.jpg

And just over a year or so ago I was hoping GM would bring the Opel Insignia Estate over since they were bringing the sedan over as the Buick 

vauxhall-insignia-vxr-01.jpg

vauxhall-insignia-vxr-04.jpg

But neither Ford or GM brought their Eurotrashwagons I wanted...so the decision was easy for me...Audi it was!

Already owning a Datsun 510 wagon and knowing the usefulness/utility of a wagon over a sedan made the decision that much easier, and like I've been saying all along, my preference is not for an all straight line designed car that reminds me of a transformer, nor a detuned Corvette engine wedged in a ungainly proportioned wagon, no matter how fast it is, it's still an subpar design in my eyes.

Oh and as for pure specs like you're mentioning, maybe you haven't seen the Audi RS4 Avant (the equivalent of the CTS-V) numbers, which aren't anything to sneeze at!

Engine: V8 FSI DOHC Displacement: 4.2 Liter Horsepower: 443 HP Max RPM: 8250 RPM Torque: 317 lb-ft @ 4000-6000 rpm Transmission: 7-Speed S Tronic 0-60 mph: 4.7 seconds Maximum Speed: 174 mph (280 km/h)

So *if* I was seriously considering a budget be damn wagon, I'd choose the Audi RS4 over any other new wagon (there aren't many choices) out there all day long.

These pics of it make me drool, and while I could afford it, to me it's simply a big waste of money to spend that kind of money on a souped up wagon, I'd rather use that kind of cash to buy another house. So for now I'm more than pleased in my affordable, beautiful black Audi Avant. I keep getting daily compliments everywhere I go, which is never a bad thing, no matter what car you're in, it makes you feel good about your ride.

audi-rs4-avant-spotted-in-usa-13.jpg

IMG_3641.jpg

audi-rs4-avant-spotted-in-usa.jpg

24zf439.jpg

that audi is a pretty bad ass ride but I realy like this goon I mean these rims

IMG_8344.jpg

Haha, I'm SO glad they went to you Randy...since you really appreciate them.  I was never really feeling them so I'm glad they went to a home (car) that really digs them.  I'm a Watanabe/Panasport guy myself.  :)

So I am contemplating buying a new RS4 all black grille but don't want to spend a few hundred bucks incase I won't like it, so I figured to get a 'test run' to see if I dig it.

So I started with:

FEF6DB86-A79C-41ED-9A18-21F9D6A04B40-384

Removing the grille would require to jack the car up, remove the tires, remove the front bumper and THEN remove the grille...so screw that, I busted out my pro masking skills!

26E1D4F7-F919-4FB8-AEB0-7346C9A8AFA1-384

No going back now...good thing the wife wasn't out here to see me do this!

995986D0-6C97-4A29-8F91-0778D8269BC8-384

I don't think my wife would approve! Haha...but hey at least it's platic-dip was fast to dry....plus since it's not paint so it's completely reversible if I don't like it!

BBCD3506-60EB-4F14-80C4-07EE949DB800-384

And here's the end result...I like it.  Subtle looking!

180A127F-12E4-4F01-93C4-E08B4DE2ED7D-384

In this pic you can barely make out my Blue 2 door 510 in the background! :P

2942A744-7478-4F33-BA60-5FE9A52BDFFE-384

Dat van... tell him to move so we can see more 510...

How's this?

You can see my blue 2 door 510, my light blue CRX, and my white Miata all in the background...all riding on Panasports :P

A629EEC5-72DA-44B2-9FAC-56764B8E99EB-546

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, we should be friends. I like all of your cars and well... You could have me around liking all of your cars :P

Thanks Kirden, when hanging around you can help me wash all of them too then! haha  :)

Scrub-a-dub-dub, 510 in tha tub.

Side note: you need panasports for the goon.

True...but I have Watanabe's for the goon that need to go back on.  :)