Interest in an EFI L-series manifold?

Xnke

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still around, a person here recently messaged me about buying one. I have been working with him on up-to-date pricing, and started work on building his manifold. I'll try to remember to keep you folks up to date.

I'll be building 4 manifolds total and will post them for sale after they are built. There will more than likely be L20B turbo exhaust manifolds built as well, depends on interest.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, for those of you confused on runner length-the tuned length isn't the length of the manifold-it's the total length from the end of the air horn to the back of the valve. So a 6" long manifold is a 10" long runner, for the L-series engine.

For those who were skeptical of the RPM numbers-This is the tuned length of the manifold. If you don't rev that high, don't worry about it. If you want to see something near 2200RPM or so...well...it's not going to fit under the hood. For a 2200RPM torque peak on an L20B with a stock cam, you would have to cram an 18" long manifold plus at least half the plenum diameter-so you're looking at how to cram 20" of intake manifold in there. As the cam gets bigger, the runner length gets longer. This is just B-O-T-E figuring, by the way-the real number would *probably* be significantly longer.

All the parts for Jon's manifold have arrived-so I'll be out in the shop tonight getting the injector bungs drilled and dishing the plenum ends.

Tomorrow is a house call to a sick 3.3L L-6, apparently our local lake isn't big enough to get the engine up to speed where the problem is occurring and they don't want to take it out of the boat...

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

And I just made up adaptor plates to put the R34 GT-R throttle bodies on to any DCOE pattern manifold :)

Have about 5 sets, that include a top adaptor plate so any DCOE horn, or air filter will bolt right on.

I'll post up a picture tomorrow.

That is on an RB (383+ ci big block) mopar engine. Early 60s if i remember correctly. 28 inch ish manifold runners were tuned to create max torque at extremely low rpm.

I will one day have one of those in my 440 powered 66 Chrysler newport 4door (which o also do not actually own. Yet). One of my favorite manifolds of all time

413's usually had them. 

My '64 slant six also benefited from stock tuned intake runners

mSziflpS1q8B812FVIrQm9A.jpg

I was maybe 19. Ovaled out the single hole (Ball and Ball carb) and made my own adapter plate and mounted a rebuilt 318 2bbl carb. Really improved the mid range and would stay with a 283 from 30 to 90. Next was a split exhaust manifold and twin exhaust with Walker Continentals. Gees... this was in '69 or '70