Need some help here on upper link spindle

Farmer

Trying to figure out how to disasymble it. Have it off the truck already, got the nuts off but cant figure out how to get the bushings apart. Reading the manual and its greek to me. Helps needed

Larry

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hanyes calls it upper link spindle. What the upper control arm connects to. I just got the rubber bushings from Rockauto. I see there are some metal sleeves and stuff too. I just wanted to take it apart so I can get everthing hot tanked. The rubber will be destroyed in the tank. They are still in good shape, so I many spend the many hours cleaning the 30yr old grease off.

Larry

Hanyes calls it upper link spindle. What the upper control arm connects to. I just got the rubber bushings from Rockauto. I see there are some metal sleeves and stuff too. I just wanted to take it apart so I can get everthing hot tanked. The rubber will be destroyed in the tank. They are still in good shape, so I many spend the many hours cleaning the 30yr old grease off.

Larry

So let the hot tank destroy them, then oyu wont have to worry about how to get them out, just have to get the new ones in.

Jason