1984 Nissan Maxima L28ET +lots of mods and pics! $2500 OBO

I am very busy and moving and I don't have time to get this car as nice as I'd like it. 

Located in Atlanta. $2500 OBO will listen to offers

The car is driveable, but 5th gear has gone out on it and I am not driving it any more

INCLUDED is an S13 240sx transmission that will need to be swapped in. This involves shortening the driveshaft and building a new transmission mount or modifying the stock one.

Here are the basics.
1984 Maxima, odometer says 228,xxx miles, not sure if it has the original odometer though...

has working leak-free Sunroof.
straight doors, trunk lid, and hood swapped from another Maxima. Left front fender is kinda beat up and the rear quarters need bodywork.
was painted with Rustoleum about 3 years ago and is faded. needs paint and bodywork. 

windshield has slight leak in the seal at the upper drivers side corner only under severe rain.

The car does have rust, as it was a Northern car. mostly underneath the inner rocker panels under the car. 

No radio...

Bumpers have been tucked 4"

15" 200sx turbo wheels painted white. Front tires OK, needs rear tires.

240Z steering wheel but needs center cap.

Recaro seats that match the interior. Driver seat is solid mounted to the floor but I will include some sliders/brackets

New Clutch master+slave cylinders a couple months ago, Stainless steel braided line between chassis and slave.

Diesel Maxima OEM 3 core radiator. (bigger than the standard 2 core radiator)

gear reduction starter

optima battery relocated to right side of trunk.

No radio.

has the woman box that talks to you when the doors are open, but is not hooked up to the speakers currently.

Left outer CV axle boot has a small hole in it.

The gas tank was cleaned/resealed several years ago.

Engine management is a stock 300zx turbo ECU and harness that has been reworked to work with the L28ET

240mm clutch in decent shape. 

Has some rear main seal seepage, so I'm including a new rear main seal that I was keeping around until I need to change the clutch. Its not blowing out of the seal just seeping some. 

Suspension

Addco sway bars front and rear.

ALL BRAKES ARE BRAND NEW!

All new rotors and pads and a new Right front caliper.

Has Stainless steel braided brake lines.

polyurethane bushings

Ground Control coilovers and tokico Illumina shocks(rear shocks are pretty worn)

Ground Control Camber plates in the front.

Aluminum ball/socket T/C rods

I averaged 17.5mpg with 50/50 highway/city driving (my commute is 90 miles/day). Runs rich and needs tuning. Guestimate is 180hp/200ft/lbs torque. Plenty of fun to drive!

DSCF9836.JPG

DSCF9837.JPG

DSCF9838.JPG

DSCF9839.JPG

DSCF9841.JPG

DSCF9832.JPG

DSCF9840.JPG

DSCF9830.JPG

DSCF9829.JPG

DSCF9831.JPG

DSCF9834.JPG

DSCF9833.JPG

1983 280zx turbo engine mostly stock. Has a threaded adjuster on the OEM wastegate and gets to about 8psi under most driving conditions, creeps to 9-10psi at 70+mph in 4th gear.

BRAND NEW Hitachi water pump

has pyrometer gauge installed at cylinder #1
Has my lucky "Prismatic black" valve cover installed. 

DSCF9815.JPG

Power steering works but leaks, so I removed the belt. The A/C works decently, but just have the belt off for winter. 

DSCF9816.JPG

DSCF9817.JPG

older Turbo-back 3" Stainless Steel TIG welded mandrel bent exhaust with Magnaflow muffler and aftermarket catalytic converter. Needs some new exhaust hangers.

DSCF9825.JPG

DSCF9823.JPG

DSCF9822.JPG

DSCF9824.JPG

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.