B210 Poly Bushing Fiasco

So, I had a full set of poly bushings on order through Oztek a while ago and the order was canceled. Oztek is the US distribution for Noltec and after waiting about a month for an update on my order I get the news that Noltec is being bought out by Whiteline. As a result, all orders were canceled.

Now where can I find some poly bushings for my 77 b210?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow that sucks, but you're not the only one that's happened to

i was fortunate enough to order a complete set of noltecs for my 1200 before whiteline screwed things up

what you can do now is figure out what 510 or z energy suspension pieces will also work on a b210

• 3 months later...

Actually, Be glad the order was cancelled. I got a full set of B210/120Y bushings from Noltec, and it was a disaster.

Front Lower Control Arm bushings - did not fit, Australian Control Arms are different from the U.S. Aussie are 2 bushings per arm from either side. US is larger diameter Single Bushing with an External and Internal metal sleeve.

Shock Absorber Bushings - Too Tall and the middle whole was too big.

Leaf Spring Bushings - Rear Shackle Eyes - wrong size, wrong diameter on lower bushings - frame bushings fit.

Front Eyes - Same as Rear Eyes, managed to make frame bushings fit. The lower front bushings were correct.

Sway Bar Bushings - Not thick enough

By using bushings in places other than where intended, i managed to use about half of them on the leaf spring.

I purchased a set of Energy Suspension bushings for the sway bar. Put new standard bushings on the Front Lower Control Arms.

And since Whiteline bought out Noltec, there was no option for replacements or money back.

Also be glad because ploy sucks!!! Stock or some sort of heimjoint is the best way IMO. Read this.

sc0038a6bd.jpg

sc0038d193.jpg

Its a chassis engineering book by Herb Adams, anyone into cars should buy it.

That's a great article Icehouse. I once bought a set of Energy Suspension bushings [for a Mustang GT no less]. My Dad machined them down so I could fit them into the rear control arms of my B11 Sentra. It worked out fine, but the car was unpleasnt to drive on the street with all of the extra vibration and noise. And yes, the silicone grease I used when I installed them always dried out and I needed to disassemble and relubricate the rear bushings all too often as there were no grease fittings. It wasn't worth the hassle.