How times [and money] have changed.

The American Dollar is really worth much less than we think. When the Infinity Q45 introduced its new "Gatling Gun" projector front lamp, I asked the dealer how much a replacement assembly cost. [Future Plans?] The answer was $1725! For a headlight! I bought my 1967 RL411 for a total of $1700 out the door [granted that was in 1968, but you get my drift.].

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 37 yrs. old and can remember gas being around a $1.00 or less! Whats even worse is that everything has went up considerably(food,clothes etc..) except the cost of living:(!

Its a shame that a headlight would cost more now, than a whole car would cost in the 60's and early 70's! Whats the world coming too:lol:!!

Yup everthing goes up but my paycheck seems to stay the same I've cut out a lot of.

thing I used to spend money on including food and gas I have to justfy if going somewhere now will justfy whatever it is I need. If fact my welding hood needs new batterys, but the only place that has them is batterys northwest in salem they cost 3 dollas and something their.Well salem is a about a 40 mile round trip or so. So it will take approx 8.60 in fuel to get 3 dollars worth of battery's good thing I got a spare hood to go to work with!

i used to live like i was rich a few years back. out to eat anytime, concerts, etc. but now i have to deliver pizza's at night just to get by. still have the same low house payments, but i just can't afford the regular things anymore. and i get a raise every year! the more i get paid the less i have after the bills are paid. plus my health insurance plan changed and i can't even afford insurance for my wife. how is it that a guy who makes a pretty good salary{compared to most at least} can't even afford to insure his wife. they want almost half my monthly pay to insure my wife and kid along with me. to bad it's so cold in canada!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yep know old men that say when they mad 70 cent an hour they were doing better than making 25 bucks an hour now. Yes that is what the world is coming too. They are trying to make it so both you and her work that is why it is so expensive for her. If she had a job she could get cheaper rates like you.

• 2 weeks later...

We are all in trouble..we owe the world (China, Japan, UK and otehrs) so much money that it is not even funny. Together with the current economic and housing collapse, us, our children and their chidlren and so on will just have enough money to pay for the interest of what we owe.

We are all in trouble..we owe the world (China, Japan, UK and otehrs) so much money that it is not even funny. Together with the current economic and housing collapse, us, our children and their chidlren and so on will just have enough money to pay for the interest of what we owe.

...then the people keep demanding more programs for the poor, hungry, homeless, more roads, better schools, free healthcare, more and more programs for everything! Our nation as a whole is greedy.

Politicians who cut funding are criticized but you now they're just trying to balance their local budget. Sounds like a tough job to me. I don't want to work in the government.

The American Dollar is really worth much less than we think. When the Infinity Q45 introduced its new "Gatling Gun" projector front lamp, I asked the dealer how much a replacement assembly cost. [Future Plans?] The answer was $1725! For a headlight!

hey, that q45 will only be worth $1725 in a few more years ... :lol:

• 4 months later...
oops. forgot to include this:

http://brillig.com/debt_clock/

I hate to tell you this, but that clock is wrong by about 43 Trillion. It only shows the Public Claimed Deficit. :confused:

In point of fact, the United States currently suffers from a 54 Trillion:eek: Dollar debt. The Country Originally declared Bankruptcy in 1938.:blink:

:poop::poop::poop:

• 3 weeks later...