Datsunofagun

How did it happen i ask myself? It started in Jerome AZ, when i went into a ravine to retieve a 1964 Datsun 1200 pickup, it had been there for 15 yrs. A buddy from Phx, told me he could get it started, and indeed, within 1 hr, it ran, a little blowby, but after an oil change and a few tweeks, it purred, then there was an add that told of a 64 BlueBird, having never even seen one, I bid, the price was short money, and have rebuilt the engine and am assembling as of today, then the 240Z i got for 14 dollars (ababndoned, purrs like a kitten, also the most recent, a 67 411 wagon, one owner, italian design, 1600 /dual SU's, 47k original...I know, I have to go to Datsun anonymous, I am addicted...Ted

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
How did it happen i ask myself? It started in Jerome AZ, when i went into a ravine to retieve a 1964 Datsun 1200 pickup, it had been there for 15 yrs. A buddy from Phx, told me he could get it started, and indeed, within 1 hr, it ran, a little blowby, but after an oil change and a few tweeks, it purred, then there was an add that told of a 64 BlueBird, having never even seen one, I bid, the price was short money, and have rebuilt the engine and am assembling as of today, then the 240Z i got for 14 dollars (ababndoned, purrs like a kitten, also the most recent, a 67 411 wagon, one owner, italian design, 1600 /dual SU's, 47k original...I know, I have to go to Datsun anonymous, I am addicted...Ted
http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa101/tederoo/datsun%20stuff/

My Photos of two of the dats

in 62 I believe, had a surplus so left the vin plate date of Manufacture blank, so was stamped 64 but your right, its a 63 or 62...main problem is finding a 5/8's brake cyl front...but working on it, thanks for the pic...its a cutie...got a weber for the new engine, should be able to do wheelies...lol...Ted

in 62 I believe, had a surplus so left the vin plate date of Manufacture blank, so was stamped 64 but your right, its a 63 or 62...main problem is finding a 5/8's brake cyl front...but working on it, thanks for the pic...its a cutie...got a weber for the new engine, should be able to do wheelies...lol...Ted

RockAuto has Raybestos front brake cylinder rebuild kits for early 410s. Might be what you are looking for. Can't hurt to search on your exact model. At the price het charge, if it doesn't fit it's no big deal/

My front brakes are 5/8s, and the hole it goes thru in the backplate is exactly the diameter of a quarter (25 cents)...having a helluva time trying to find a kit or a new cyl, and trying the auson people...see what happens..the wheel is a small one, so nothing else fits...ted .....and Dats no lie

My front brakes are 5/8s, and the hole it goes thru in the backplate is exactly the diameter of a quarter (25 cents)...having a helluva time trying to find a kit or a new cyl, and trying the auson people...see what happens..the wheel is a small one, so nothing else fits.

What size did the 320 trucks use?

• 4 weeks later...