My day with Bob Bondurant

Bob3

On February 16th 2013, I had the honor of spending the afternoon with Bob Bondurant. If you don't know who he is, look it up! He is the only American to ever drive for Ferrari in Formula 1 & he is the 1965 World Champion! He was in a bad crash in 1968 and he decided to start his own racing school. His first class was February 14th 1968 and he taught Paul Newman & James Garner in his first school car, a 1968 Datsun 2000 Roadster. He still has this car. He went on to tell me that this is the same car that Paul Newman drove and started his love of racing! Well this past Saturday during our time together, I rode with Bob in that very car and he even let me drive it!

I had a Datsun shirt with me that I got from "the510keeper" and Bob signed it for me!

Here are a few pictures from that amazing afternoon!

BobBondurantampI2-16-13_zpsafacf085.jpg

BobBandI2-16-13_zpsa516e704.jpg

MedrivingthefirstBondurantschoolcar2-16-

SignedbyBobBondurant2-16-13_zps79a36f3d.

• Like 8
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is awesome! Sounds like one of those occasions where you're in the middle of experiencing something that is so incredible that you take a moment to look around and amaze at how you got there and if it's indeed real. That is something you'll never forget or regret. Great looking roadster as well!

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...