Sanity check on Fuel Delivery: KA24E B210 Swap

After researching this bit I believe this will work for my KA swap into the B210, but I want some input from others that have done this. I have a '74 B210, so no fuel return line. My goal is to keep this as cheap and easy as possible. Ideally I would like to avoid rerunning new fuel lines or losing what little trunk space I have to a surge tank. I also want to avoid the use of a low pressure/high flow pump to feed the high pressure inline pump.

So here is how I am proposing running this setup.  In the figure below the red letter A or #6 in the diagram below the photo point to the fuel outlet hose. This is 1/4 inch line. What I want to do is run from the outlet of the tank new rubber fuel line to 1 or 2 300zx fuel filters (these are large and I have a bunch already) which would be tucked next to the the tank at the location marked by the red letter B or if not enough room off to the side of the tank, the exit line would then run back out the original hole in the floorboard and I would mount the inline pump on the underside of the car feeding into the original hardline.  The filters and the pump would be kept below the level of the tank outlet to allow for gravity filling. The purpose of the large fuel filter would be twofold, first to act as prefilter for an external inline high pressure pump, and second to act as a small surge tank during cornering. Another large 300zx filter would be used in the engine compartment before the fuel rail.

For the return line from the fuel rail I would reuse the evaporation tube hard line (which already runs to the engine compartment) up until the point it goes through the floorboard by the gas tank.  From the floorboard up I would reroute this to T into the filler vent tube marked by the C or #4.  The original evaporation tube would be capped off near the gas tank with the original flow guide valve and two small filters.

One concern is finding enough room on the underside of the car to mount the inline pump. Also a concern is whether the vent line is large enough to act as a good return line.

b2904429-780a-4ef0-8252-fd0d3c4e7812_zps

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic