bled the brakes but the first pump is still spongey.

laotsu

had a seized rear cylinder but I think I fixed that. Could there be air in the master somehow? what's the procedure for bleed ing the master. the E-brake is super firm now with new shoes ao I don't thik I have any leaks.

I know this spongey brake question is asked a million times so I feel like an asshole starting a new topic aboot it but I can't think of anythig else.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

521 brake bleeder fittings do not bleed the cylinder.  They bleed right before the cylinder.  You need to let the brake springs, and shoes collapse the cylinder pistons, to allow any air in the cylinder to go back out the bleeder fitting.  That is my theory, anyway.

You go under the truck.  Have tour helper push the brake pedal, and hold pressure.  You open the fitting, and fluid comes out.  do not close the fitting before the fluid stops flowing, wait about a half second, then close it.  Only then can your helper let the pedal back up.

Three pumps, and refill the master cylinder.