$400 GA: L28 w 4sp manual - Lo miles 85k

Just posting this up.. pulling the engine out of my Z in the next 2-3 weeks to make room for a v8, and would love to have a buyer lined up so it doesn't take up space for too long.

85k original miles. Yep. You read it right. I got my car from the original owner's son, have the records, the car has 85k on it. Pull the valve cover and you will see that the head is SPOTLESS, oil stays clean, etc.

Stuff I've done since I got it:

Valve cover gasket

Painted valve cover and sanded letters back down (cover is black w silver lettering)

New spark plugs (Denso iridium)

Seafoamed about 6k ago, minimal "stuff" came out, made a cool smoke show haha

Changed the oil haha

This is very much a stock as it gets engine, pulls great, sounds great. Does have typical lifter tick going on, but that fades as it warms up.

GREAT upgrade for a 240/260 wanting to keep the stock equipment.

4sp manual shifts strong and true, reverse works great, no grinds or noises.

Accessories (AC compressor, alternator, etc) included. Shoot be nice and I'll throw in the whole AC setup with the condensor and lines and everything.

Price: Ummm make me a good offer? No idea what they go for, as ATL craigslist has them from 100 for an engine to 800 for an engine, and a similar span on the trans.

Pic:

72539_10151209542112201_1310895642_n.jpg

PM me if you're interested. I'm willing to offer discounts for people who want to come pull it themselves (I have a fully equipped shop)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All for sale ads must have an asking price unless free. I've guessed at $400 (because of mileage and added transmission) for a start, so change it if you think best. Auction style posts always turn into a feeding frenzy with hurt feelings so this is why we don't allow them. .

would an L28 drop into a 620?  if so, how much shipped to 91706?

It can be done but not at all advised.

These motors add too much weight to the front of a truck.

They don't fit without cutting the firewall and taking out the heater.

They are EFI needing all the wiring and a high pressure fuel pump.

Oil pan does not fit.

There are lighter 4 cylinder motors that do fit and make as much power and better economy and are well documented swaps

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.