My new to me 1984 (4/84) Nissan 720! Pic heavy! (we like pics right?!)

Kyle84

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

377724_491695024200964_605395745_n.jpg

Although nice rims, they are not the correct off set. Any lowering is going to hit. Looks are secondary to fit. There were a set of 720 ST rims for sale here on Ratsun. Since they are for the 720 the off set would be correct for lowering. 4" is a bit extreme but.... shrug. Lowering will throw the drive shaft angles out and introduce vibration. Usually a 1" shim under the carrier bearing to raise it helps. Cranking the front down will always add toe in and negative camber. Toe is adjustable, camber is more difficult to remove. Lowering also risks the wheel hitting the front fender while transitioning bumps on a turn such as curbs in driveways. New firmer shocks will help dampen suspension travel in a lowered vehicle. Probably a good idea.

The whole damn thing vibrates anyway!  :hyper: HAHAHA! 

Im working on getting some old tahoe/fullsize chevy wheels like the ones on that black truck. ST wheels are rareish, and with rarity comes price. ill stick to my cheapy wheels.  ^_^

The whole damn thing vibrates anyway!  :hyper: HAHAHA! 

Im working on getting some old tahoe/fullsize chevy wheels like the ones on that black truck. ST wheels are rareish, and with rarity comes price. ill stick to my cheapy wheels.  ^_^

Craigslist is your friend. Always a good deal to be found. On the cheap.....

• Like 1

So uh, i blew my 1300W (peak!) Pioneer 60$ walmart special 12" sub connected to my 1200W(peak!) JBL 4 channel amp... bridged. sad.gif  Listening to this...... 

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

lmaosmiley.gif

Enjoy! 

We were going past vancouver from gresham. all the sudden the bass got quiet. then poof sound. and SMOKE. stunk bad... pulled over and jumped out and threw it in the bed/canopy.  lol.gif

Idk how different the king cabs are but i threw a 3" block and pulled a leaf and had to add 2 degree shims, also if you drop the front alot prepare to spend around 150 on an alignment cause everything is way off when you uncrank the torsions. also be sure to check to see if your wheels wells are clean of any screws bolts or weird brackets that will hit your tires i have a tire blow out cause i didn't realize my tire was hitting a self taping screw.

So uh, i blew my 1300W (peak!) Pioneer 60$ walmart special 12" sub connected to my 1200W(peak!) JBL 4 channel amp... bridged. sad.gif  Listening to this...... 

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

lmaosmiley.gif

Enjoy! 

We were going past vancouver from gresham. all the sudden the bass got quiet. then poof sound. and SMOKE. stunk bad... pulled over and jumped out and threw it in the bed/canopy.  lol.gif

That's what happens when you play Justin Bieber in a Ratsun.....

• Like 1

He was told they are from a honda accord. but idk. i can't place them with the car. i have no idea. haha. 

Yeah, my friend was flicking through songs, and that had good bass... and it did have good bass.... too much i guess? :(

I know I am a little late to the thread here, but you could roll a baseball bat between the tire and fender, adjust the angle of the bat to flare the fenders out by hand while rolling forward or backwards... it is simple and cheap and consistant and you don't have impact indentions on anything from a hammer. Just a thought.

Ill look and see what i can find. Im sure there is. but ive not looked into it much because i was more worried about the rear. now i want moar low again though! BAHAH. its gonna be SO easy to load my quad now... 

Oh and one more pic. :) I dont even think i can stick a soda can under the front mount for the spring... maybe barely laying down? haha speed bumps should be fun!  :frantics:  :hyper:

599093_496108220426311_1539448105_n.jpg

Okay two... 

Stuft!

544286_496099220427211_1864941186_n.jpg