My new to me 1984 (4/84) Nissan 720! Pic heavy! (we like pics right?!)

Kyle84

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup: hahah yeah. im working on picking up those 16's from the member that posted on the last page (ill be damned if im deleting this to go back a page) so i can work on getting some tires. getting two factory tachs with a resistor, and a factory clock to fill in the two blank spots in my dash. :)  :thumbup:

Well i fixed my idle today. and lowered the idle some. :) needless to say im a lot happier with the truck. dash pot was already gone. something was just bound up. so i messed around with the linkages and sprayed them down with liquid wrench for it to soak in. now the only problem is the accelorator gets stuck to the floor if i push it down to hard.... :O LOL

and since i was so happy with it. it got a photo taken:  :blush:

318240_493421557361644_2049866480_n.jpg

Yay! Truck looks better with an unmashed bumper that isnt also bent up! But boy it was sure difficult to get the bumper brackets to line up with the bumper. had to shove them around a bit. and i can no longer use the fender mounts for the end caps. idk how that happened. but w/e. it looks so much better! it still has a few small indentations but nothing like before! and it sits straight. progress! 

still no idea whats wrong with my heater... :( valve is still connected to the lever and turns... but heater is only ever luke warm. could be thermo stat? but the trucks guage goes up to half no problem.  :confused:

and replaced (or rather installed?) a light bulb for the heater controls. which required me splicing in a new socket for the bulb cuz the tabs that hold it into the control panel were gone on the socket.  :sleep:

Yay! Truck looks better with an unmashed bumper that isnt also bent up! But boy it was sure difficult to get the bumper brackets to line up with the bumper. had to shove them around a bit. and i can no longer use the fender mounts for the end caps. idk how that happened. but w/e. it looks so much better! it still has a few small indentations but nothing like before! and it sits straight. progress! 

still no idea whats wrong with my heater... :( valve is still connected to the lever and turns... but heater is only ever luke warm. could be thermo stat? but the trucks guage goes up to half no problem.  :confused:

and replaced (or rather installed?) a light bulb for the heater controls. which required me splicing in a new socket for the bulb cuz the tabs that hold it into the control panel were gone on the socket.  :sleep:

Check for kinked heater hoses, check all the bends, are you sure the heater valve is opening all the way, open the heat lever all the way, then push on it with your fingers, will it move farther?

Put the system into recirculate instead of fresh air, does that help?

Maybe the heater core is plugged?

if the heater core is plugged i was told both hoses that lead through the fire wall would NOT be hot.? and mine both are (or seem to be?) 

i felt around. i seems to be opening all the way. fresh/recirc doesnt matter to it. :/ 

i didnt really check around for kinked hoses, but the ones i saw looked fine.