My awful B210 radiator experience

Guest Jamee

Went to a friends house mid December 2012 and my 77 B210 was acting a little funny. I shrugged it off for the moment and would check it all out before I left. So, I go to leave everything seems fine and as I get about a mile away it's steaming and smelling sickly sweet. F****. Pop the hood anti-freeze ALL over. NO!!!!  :angry:  Get my baby home and take a closer look at the radiator and the top tank seem has split.  :crying: I'm aware of how much a new radiator will cost so im going crazy asking all of you for help and all you ratsun peeps were awesome and answered my questions  :hug: 

So my man decides ain't nobody got time for that. (heh) and we order a shiney new radiator from JC whitney. well those bastards accepted our payment then, I think it was the day it was to arrive they say oh, oopsie we're out of that one. WHAT????? you take our money then decide to tell us you dont have it?? plus we have to wait 10days to get our money back ?? RAGE!!!!!!! So then I make phone calls to all the shops in town asking if they can repair mine they say it will be about $600 but,  they all refered me to Mac's. I call mac he says he can get it and bam! I got a new pretty radiator in 2 days.

We get the radiator in and I go to the gas station. After I fill 'er up I get in to leave, turn the key and all the lights come on, I get a loud click then nothing. I was seriously about to lose my sh*t right there at the gas station. My man shows up and we test the battery and the alternator and they are giving juice like they're supposed to.  :confused:  He gives me a jump, it starts we go to take off and it dies. He jumps it again this time he takes off in it and is able to keep it started. (I'm a noob I guess) When we get home he does all of his diagnosing and because my car sat for a month and 1/2 all the crap in the tank settled plus possible water gain and my battery that was put in by the previous owner was 9yrs old and gave up the ghost while it was sitting. 

Today we bought a new battery, installed it and VROOM! SUCCESS!!!! My baby is back on the road and ready to leave other cars pissed off and in the dust at a stop light. hahahahaha! People really seem to hate it when my old beat down looking Datsun is like ~poof~ and they try to catch me and im all " you can't hang with this dogleg trans" 2,3, gone. heeheehee  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  okay well that was my horrible experience and it made me want to drive my car off a cliff, but now it's all better  :thumbup:  

• Like 2
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic