Pros N Cons (stretched tires)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like slight stretch this guy should be doused in gas and set ablaze..what's the old saying ..... Just because u can doesn't mean u should..... Radims stretch to extreme but sounds like he might install once at jccs. Or at least that's what I would do...

Gearhead is correct.And I have made up nothing.Once again I am correct.

If that's what you have to tell yourself to sleep at night lol 

You made up a condition that doesn't exist in the definition of the word pro. 

Appealing to look at = pro, all there is to it. 

Tristin knows me, I hate lots of stretch, but the little amount I do currently have on my wagon I actually like and tolerate. My setup is similar to Tendril's, just they are 175/65s on 14x6s.

Just enough stretch that the lip pokes out a little bit. Normally I prefer to have meaty tires protecting the wheels, I have bent enough lips from low profiles and shitty roads in the past, that I prefer not to go back down that path ever again.

552764_10150938572460336_396338629_n.jpg

183861_10151478976635336_1764308853_n.jp

no poke or stretch present......u musta been looking at tristins pants when the term came up

• Like 1

I wear driving gloves, and my sunglasses are color matched to my car.

Goes with my skinny jeans and stretches tires.

YOLO!!!!

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

^^

II

I couldn't have said it better myself. Tire stretching is for dumbasses that like to say YOLO. :rofl:

But you just said YOLO sooooo....

31402789.jpg

that looks really nice!

This is the perfect amount of stretch! I just bought my 521 and the dude had 10" wide Chevy wheels on it huge negative offset with 1855015s on it :o ........I could literally put my finger between the bead of the wheel and tire. Drove like crap too

Outside of car shows and drifting there's no advantage to a stretched tire on a street car. I don't think anyone here has said it corners better, grips better, lasts longer so what's left? Well to some it looks better. So like hellaflush, spoilers, rising sun hoods, fart cannons, wide body kits, it's simply for a certain 'look' and little else. At some point your stretch will look like this guy's car. Long before that you will have passed retarted 10 miles back.

carricer240Z.jpg

• Like 1
You all know that's where stretch started right?  Out of necessity, because they didn't make tires to fit the rim sizes found on bigger vehicles, etc., etc.

^^

I'd LOVE it if BFgoodrich still made a 255/50/15 so I can get some flush tires on my 10's! 

^^

II

I couldn't have said it better myself. Tire stretching is for dumbasses that like to say YOLO. :rofl:

r4

I LOVE to say YOLO! I own a Datsun with no brakes n drive it to the fullest in rain o snow n I know there is a chance that something can go wrong with this 37 yr old truck

N I say f@#k it if I wanna be safe I would stay home with momy! Danger is everywere nobody is safe.... stretced tires make your truck look good while awaiting the inevetable

• Like 1
r4

I LOVE to say YOLO! I own a Datsun with no brakes n drive it to the fullest in rain o snow n I know there is a chance that something can go wrong with this 37 yr old truck

N I say f@#k it if I wanna be safe I would stay home with momy! Danger is everywere nobody is safe.... stretced tires make your truck look good while awaiting the inevetable

speak for yourself.

I drove a daily with mild stretch. The rim just barely stuck out past the tire. I did not put that set up on it, the PO did. Not my thing, but not too bad looking so I drove it that way until the tires wore out. I went from a 205/45r17 to a 225/45r17 that fit the wheels perfectly, and holy crap it drives way better. Not so twitchy on the freeway following grooves all the time. I will never drive on stretched tires again.

Ok I'm gonna stop this ... Can we define the original posters idea of stretch cause running a 195 on a 15 x 8 wheel isn't really stretch the pic earlier of the wagon was not stretch.... I like tenderils wheel package but I wouldn't call that stretch I think the huge stretches are un safe..... Tendril tore package will last for ever with no ill affects..... That celica well it's so ghey it burst into A million little rainbows and plays mariachi music after all the god father of stretch is the beaners and there 13 x 7 with 155 on them. After all , YOLO.