Weber carb air cleaner.

Haha jesus clips.. I remember those clips flying off in the driveway or driving down the road...

You could use some all thread as studs that poke through the top plate to hold it down...

I did a cleaner like mklotzs also...

2012-05-24_19-14-21_632.jpg

Jrock is currently using it in his 521 w/ l16.

445A7ED9-239E-4F35-9375-395088C49A66-184

I made another to fit my l20 in 521.

photobucket-53412-1348714661925.jpg2013-01-23164524.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to get something else that fits a Weber carb? Besides the clips being flimsy, I just hate the little things that come with them and how they look. I would love to do a 8 or 10" round chrome air filter instead. Don't really want to modify the stock housing either, don't like the look of it too much either.

Took me a bit to even remember where I put this.....  go to the bottom half of the first page.  http://community.ratsun.net/topic/23024-e1-carb-swapweber-dfv/

Is there something available over the counter?  No clue....I'd have to google it same as you. :)

• Like 1

would rather have a cake top but they won't work with a electric choke....dgev 32/36 with phixius built,  mkoltz inspired stock air cleaner assembly....so much fucking quieter with out the intake noise.....clips hold on the stock weber unit,  but u should consider doing this .....its so much quieter

• Like 1
Is it possible to get something else that fits a Weber carb? Besides the clips being flimsy, I just hate the little things that come with them and how they look. I would love to do a 8 or 10" round chrome air filter instead. Don't really want to modify the stock housing either, don't like the look of it too much either.

Go old school and find a original aluminum screw down air cleaner housing.

100_4592_zpsb56f94b4.jpg

• Like 1

That D rising cover is pretty cool.  those redline ones are kinda what i was talking about doing to the stock weber cleaner.  Just with studs instead of screws... have two studs poke up and the other two use normally.

B210GX -- Nice work, you should make a custum one that utilizes a larger filter and recesses down over the choke and fuel inlet.  cuz, thats what I want.

• Like 2

I was just stating.  

So, you be the guinea pig. haha  :P .... Not sure on the size of filter needed.  A few of us thought about it, but have never attempted it.  It would be cool to see though...  With my current air cleaner mod I cant run a choke.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Haha jesus clips.. I remember those clips flying off in the driveway or driving down the road...

You could use some all thread as studs that poke through the top plate to hold it down...

I did a cleaner like mklotzs also...

2012-05-24_19-14-21_632.jpg

Jrock is currently using it in his 521 w/ l16.

I made another to fit my l20 in 521.

photobucket-53412-1348714661925.jpg2013-01-23164524.jpg

here's my rendition  

0206132032_zpsb63d58fd.jpg

wtf where have i been this whole thread.

ive been looking into doing the same thang.

my original idea was that i wasnted the my carb (weber 32/36) completely enclosed, and then have a

'snorkel' from an open (cold) air source, to the enclosed carb.

did a lot of research.. i had the idea of using a bigger, circular filter, came across this from weber

85-1061.jpg

^this is way too much, but the basic design is very simple and easily duplicated.

so now i needed to figure out the enclosure.

enclosures are pricey, and my fabrication & ingeniuty isnt up there yet

so ive considered salvaging one from a muscle car at the junk yard.

then i realized that i have the old, stock air cleaner, and that i could modify it

to fit my carb, much like i saw that mklotz had also done.

i had considerd keeping all my headlights and just cutting a hole somewhere to

feed fresh cool air to the snorkel and carb.... and then i met Radim.

he's missing his DS bright light and he has the headlight air funnel. he used to

run the idea i was talking about, i guess, but not anymore.

so here is another thing on my list:

spectre's headlight funnel (part number 9789)

that, paired with a duct, and im good to go.

anyways b210gx, how much for something like what youve made?

• Like 2

anyways b210gx, how much for something like what youve made?

I am not  currently running this one.  It is B210 sized  uses the factory lid too. (menaing it takes the stock b210 air filter)  ..Interested?  

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

wtf where have i been this whole thread.

ive been looking into doing the same thang.

my original idea was that i wasnted the my carb (weber 32/36) completely enclosed, and then have a

'snorkel' from an open (cold) air source, to the enclosed carb.

did a lot of research.. i had the idea of using a bigger, circular filter, came across this from weber

85-1061.jpg

^this is way too much, but the basic design is very simple and easily duplicated.

so now i needed to figure out the enclosure.

enclosures are pricey, and my fabrication & ingeniuty isnt up there yet

so ive considered salvaging one from a muscle car at the junk yard.

then i realized that i have the old, stock air cleaner, and that i could modify it

to fit my carb, much like i saw that mklotz had also done.

i had considered keeping all my headlights and just cutting a hole somewhere to

feed fresh cool air to the snorkel and carb.... and then i met Radim.

he's missing his DS bright light and he has the headlight air funnel. he used to

run the idea i was talking about, i guess, but not anymore.

so here is another thing on my list:

Spectre's headlight funnel (part number 9789)

that, paired with a duct, and I'm good to go.

anyways b210gx, how much for something like what you've made?

I gotta update. I BOUGHT that adapter from Redline and a 10" Edelbrock air cleaner. Looks much better to me, and no stupid clips to fall off!

CF8132A6-E085-41A5-B841-ABE038A0B45E_zps

(EDIT: deleted that old blurred picture from my photo bucket, so had to add another. And figured while I was at it I would show how it works! )

12fe5f09.jpg

99010.457__47364_zoom.jpg

$_12.JPG

(above pictures from Ebay auction, not mine)

Edited by JoeCool
  • Like 2

That does look really nice!

Maybe a pic from a lower angle so guys can see how much it sticks above the valve cover.  If you have this on a 720, you probably have more hood clearance than the 510 guys.

It sticks up quite a bit. I think there is less than a half inch of clearance when I shut the hood! Then again I am also using a 1.5" spacer instead of the little stacked adapters that come in the kits.

689C69DA-241E-4671-86D4-4D8448C2B164_zps

I like it. Valve cover vent hose needs to be connected.

Nothing was hooked up then, but it is now. That was just a picture I took during the test fit for clearance. Here is a couple I took after finishing up the install and tuning/timing today.

62EA24FB-0018-47FC-A99B-BAF9CD309515_zps

D8208E76-50EF-4DF3-8563-9A8E1CB52B5D_zps

• Like 1