510 Wagon Rear Lowering Kit

Dzaster

That's really what I did. I'm not certain who's spring it's based off of but I'm pretty sure it was the same specs as Son Of Datsun Guy ordered as my front mounting holes on Springs were much larger than the stock.

Spring rate and ride health I do like though. However than may also be the air shocks changing up the spring rate too.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really what I did. I'm not certain who's spring it's based off of but I'm pretty sure it was the same specs as Son Of Datsun Guy ordered as my front mounting holes on Springs were much larger than the stock.

Spring rate and ride health I do like though. However than may also be the air shocks changing up the spring rate too.

I will apologize in advance if i don't recall this, but are you running any lowering blocks along with the composite spring? If so/not, What I'd like to know is where you sit right now?

I gave him new info when I ordered mine... Or more so confirmed the measurements he had were correct (they were) spring rate and ride height are set based on the mold he has made. It's very unscientific as far as it was explained and you get what you get. One option your allowed is he can flip the eyes over for a slightly lower ride height. I had him do this and ended up with about 2.5" drop. In addition, I'm running 2.75" blocks and custom hangers for another 1" drop. One more thing I did while adapting the rx7 diff was remake the spring perches slightly taller for an additional .5"

I will apologize in advance if i don't recall this, but are you running any lowering blocks along with the composite spring? If so/not, What I'd like to know is where you sit right now?

I am running lowering blocks. iirc I've got 2" under there. I have pictures in my Project thread.

JJ, I was told the same on the spring rate. I also had my spring's eyes flipped for more low.

I bottom to the cut down bumpstops when I have a load and aired down below 40psi but it's too be expected as I have sound system and battery relocated to rear.

The car rides tones better than most lowered cars I've owned or driven.