custom primer 1979 280zx

ClassicDatsun

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well ive been fixing little details on the car. but still havent fixed the acceleration problem. anyway looking through some info i realized that i have a GL model that used to be manhattan bule and silver. the hints: both power windows, power mirrors, power steering (which im really grateful for), rear wiper and washer, cruise control, the little dash checker, ac, and 5 speed manual trans . but i can't find the location of my fourth speaker? i also have the little level that suposedly controls the surrond system. the inside of the engine bay is silver while the inside of the doors is blue. also my clutch fluid seams to be leaking ill have to adress that as soon as possible

well ive been fixing little details on the car. but still havent fixed the acceleration problem. anyway looking through some info i realized that i have a GL model that used to be manhattan bule and silver. the hints: both power windows, power mirrors, power steering (which im really grateful for), rear wiper and washer, cruise control, the little dash checker, ac, and 5 speed manual trans . but i can't find the location of my fourth speaker? i also have the little level that suposedly controls the surrond system. the inside of the engine bay is silver while the inside of the doors is blue. also my clutch fluid seams to be leaking ill have to adress that as soon as possible

color code sticker is on the upper rad support but usually they're peeled off etc.  

check here for the legit color code.  I think 2 tones in U.S were 1980&81 only. who knows. 

http://www.xenons130.com/colorchart.html

so ive been driving the car around and i just cant get enough of the way people turn to look at a crappy dirty primer Datsun hahah. all my friends tell me its a badass lil car, and i cant help but think to myself "if only they knew all the things wrong with it..."

the fuel injection problem is still there and now my master clutch cylinder is leaking. oh well, ive asked around and most mechanics tell me that i need the oem fuel pump to solve my problem but $300-500 doesn't have a nice ring to it. the master cylinder on the other hand will probably be taken out sometime this week for inspection and debate: rebuild or new. if anyone can please help me out with the fuel problem id be really grateful. its really starting to drive me nuts.

thanx

• 2 weeks later...

so is it good that i took them off?

Yes, and No.... 

Yes: spring compressor/lifters can damage spring rate and change the ride quality. Sometimes It might unpredictably break off. 

No: Your spring rate or struts were previously fucked and someone put that to prevent it from bottoming out or scrape wheels. 

Well i finally did get pulled over... twice on the same day, and it was a day before my birthday on homecoming day good thing i just got a nice chat both times, no ticket no warnings. ha

oh and i got smoked by my friends '04 s2000 that same night hah good times

Fix the mechanical to a point where its reliable. 

then

get wheels and paint...   I'm sure the zx will re-born damn good. 

well ive been driving the car for maybe thee months now so the car runs good, kinda.

and for the asthetics i would like to get ride of the sideskirts and rear bumper cover then get some diamond racing rims and paint a ww2 shark on the side... 

looks good!

but... why did you take off the spoiler....

the original hatch came with a huge dent that bent the locking mechanism so i took it off and got a different hatch and i kinda never liked the spoiler

Nice I like it.  

Since your car is all primer and Won't have to give a shit about Body work, why not take the time to get some krylon paint and Do like a American / Japanese bomber scheme That you wanted to do? 

ive been waiting to get different bumpers and spoiler so i can do just that