L series Roadster?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can fit. A member of our club has a L series in her roadster. Not a bolt in by any means. The OHV engine is quite a bit taller for one.

Once a popular swap; now it's KA's and SR20's with the occasional VG30. A vendor used to have a kit, but don't know what the kit included (motor mounts?) nor if it is still available. Don't hurt to ask:

Stan's Datsun Roadster Parts

To repeat what others have said, you have to swap the motor and tranny as the roadster transmissions only fit the roadster R16 and U20 motors.

That all said, your friend wanting to replace the stock R16 (1.6L) engine with a L16 (1.6) engine makes no sense to me. R16's are easy to rebuild, easy to find rebuilt.

If your friend is cheap, they probably have the absolute worst Datsun to be cheap with. Roadsters are $$$ to get parts for.

Now, now, Jordan, I'm sure there's 510 stuff that's pricey and/or made out of unobtainium. That said, the one area that will choke you up are the roadster brake components, which is why I'm so stoked over getting Jason's at Canby (he upgraded to 300ZX brakes in prep for his SR20 swap). Comp springs were shipped today, so I may have a running roadster for summer. wooHOO! :D

thanks for the help guys well even though i told him he still wants to put it on...so its out of my hands...its all him...with my L series gone now i have to decide what swap im doin on my dime....any sugestion in a price range of 2k?

even though i told him he still wants to put it on...so its out of my hands...its all him

Well, odds are good that roadster will never see the road again, at least not with that owner. :(

...with my L series gone now i have to decide what swap im doin on my dime....any suggestion in a price range of 2k?

First, start a new thread outside of the Roadster section. For your price range, L or KA.