hey everyone i know ive been away from here for quite sometime...i was in nicaragua checking out our house being built...looks preety sweet! ok well back to datsuns...my 710 is and has been in the body shop for about 2 weeks so far...complete repaint on the car...i should have it done by tuesday...and it should shine and sparkle! well just a quick footnote on how this car is doing...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

Yes, hope to see some pics, your 710 will look awesome. Congratulations.

Ggizzila, you kidnapped a 1200 from Hawthorne....man!!! I am always looking for one of those....a sedan 1200....you came from Washington ans snatched away!:)

At least I know it is in good hands.

Back to jrbd's.....can't wait....take your Datsun 710 to JCCS (Japanese Classic Car Show ), it would be nice to have it there.

Jaime.____________________________________________________________

Are u kidding we went to see it once we got back from our trip thinking the car was completle...only to see the few almost insignificant parts where removed from the car. Like the bumper...grill a few other things...the guys says Friday it should be done... so yesterday we went to check it out...BULL SHIT! It was in the priming stage...so now he says Tuesday...and I’m a really busy kid, going from here to there I’m everywhere and not having a car in LA sucks ass...I had to cancel dates with girls bc of the cars absence....dammm that sucked but I’m itching for TUESDAY! And then immediately after I promised my dads friend to have my car at his shop so that this mechanic who is dying to touch it can see it(old school Japanese guy who was a trained tech for Datsun way back when Nissan was still known as DATSUN!) lol idk maybe I can convince him to do a free oil change that would be sick lol o and Jamie yea ill be there for sure! Maybe we can go together that would be awesome! Is anyone else gonna go?

Guest jaimesix

That is cool dude.

Let's go, we can ride together . Remember you have to sign up for JCCS in advance, you got to go to their site and sign up.

I am going to sign up this week. If anyone can help us with the link to JCCS sign up page, that would be cool.

Jrbd , on the paint job on your car, do not rush the painter/body guy. That could lead to a bad body work/paint. Give unannounced visits to see the work in progress. Make sure rust is eliminated the right way, grinding it off, or replacing metal when rust is too advanced.Make sure everything is removed before primering and paint work begins.That should happen before any body work takes place. Everything, grille, bumpers, marker lights, tail lights, cowl,wipers,chromes/emblems, etc. Appropriately cover with masking tape all rubber trim and other parts you do not want sprayed like headlamps, glass, and make sure your tires are covered, some painters are notorious for spraying tires.

Make sure the lower areas of your car are well preped and painted, like valances and rocker panels. Many pint jobs that look fine, ignore these areas, and that is very bad, because these are the areas closer to the ground, hence prone to debri impact, reason why these areas have to be well painted.

That will be cool, to see your 710 at JCCS, let me know, would be cool to go together.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

o yea jamie of course i know when we showed up he was like uhhh Hi! lol no he is a good friend of my dad and a well respected painter in the area. so i trust his work he has been doing for 26 years in the same shop so i trust his work and no i dont rush him! and yea to sign up for jccs how do i go about? is there a link or something...bc i know im gonna go NOT MATTER WHAT!

Guest jaimesix
o yea jamie of course i know when we showed up he was like uhhh Hi! lol no he is a good friend of my dad and a well respected painter in the area. so i trust his work he has been doing for 26 years in the same shop so i trust his work and no i dont rush him! and yea to sign up for jccs how do i go about? is there a link or something...bc i know im gonna go NOT MATTER WHAT!

Cool, good to know the painter/body work guy is your dad's friend.

Here is the link to JCCS:

http://www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com/register.htm[email=http://www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com/register.htm]http://www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com/register.htm[/email]

Keep in touch.

Jaime.___________________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix

Tell your father to sign in for you. You should take your dad too, he will like the cool cars available, and he will remember many of them.

Bring him along.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

he said he would rather not...although it would be interesting, he says it would unfortunalty be manly a waste of time and plus he has this HUGE audit he is doing, and naturally needs lots of time and he thinks he will still be working on it near october...so idk could i sign him in using his name and i show up instead?

he said he would rather not...although it would be interesting, he says it would unfortunalty be manly a waste of time and plus he has this HUGE audit he is doing, and naturally needs lots of time and he thinks he will still be working on it near october...so idk could i sign him in using his name and i show up instead?

how sad ... sounds like you need to play your dad the "cat's in the cradle" song by harry chapin ;)

Guest jaimesix

Nice paint. Congratulations.

I am getting a set of Datsun 160J bumpers. When I get those, if interested, I will give you the current bumpers I have on mine, year 74 bumpers ( your's are 75.) The 74 look better than the 75's. The 74s are identical to the real japanese edition Datsun 710 ( known as Violet, and also known as 160J in other countries ), only difference is the mounting brackets sticking out.

I have to wait untill the bumpers I am getting arrive, then the ones I currently have on my car are yours, if interested.

Hope to see you at JCCS, and tell your dad to leave work at work, a weekend at JCCS is a once a year thing.

Again, nice paint job, glad to see your 710 in shiny gloss.:)

Jaime.______________________________________________________

No way bro. Plymouth Sapporo!

sapporo1.gif

Straight outta Kurt Hafer's FAQ.

Should have know to look there! I really want to update that site :rolleyes:

Those sapporo wheels are amazingly hard to find! I perfer the style right after that one tho that they also had on the starions before they changed em.. :D

starion1.gif

thanks guys but all the looks i get are awesome looks of like wow is that a showcar i took it to Nissan and the manager/owner of that dealer offerd to buy it...i guess bc its painted now other wise w/e...i told him if we trade cars ill switch it from that datsun to the new skyline lol he laughed and said no...darn

dude before ppl would only think my car is ok...now with the paint...i get thumbs up offers on for sale and everything! but ppl say swap for a sr20 it would be original to see it in a 710 not a 510

dude before ppl would only think my car is ok...now with the paint...i get thumbs up offers on for sale and everything! but ppl say swap for a sr20 it would be original to see it in a 710 not a 510

Its amazing what a paint job will do for a car. It's your car, just don't ruin it.

Guest jaimesix

Hey Jbrd.

I noticed in your video that you do not have the gas lid stoppers. The rubber stoppers that prevent the lid from hitting the inside of the frame.

You can get those at any Pep Boys or any other auto shop.New rubber stoppers over that recently painted car look awesome.

Jaime._________________________________________________________

Hey Jbrd.

I noticed in your video that you do not have the gas lid stoppers. The rubber stoppers that prevent the lid from hitting the inside of the frame.

You can get those at any Pep Boys or any other auto shop.New rubber stoppers over that recently painted car look awesome.

Jaime._________________________________________________________

Or I may have an extra, I will check.