Four door dimes

iwayman

Made the trip without any running issues

k7Xi9IK.jpg

xzSKvdj.jpg

fc5iPga.jpg

Sadly I done fucked up, forgot about my bike after filling up for gas and hit it.

More damage to the car and rack than to my bike though.

gMLnYTq.jpg

AuN5wtM.jpg

zig1ueC.jpg

dGexx2m.jpg

xBvMPaz.jpg

iOL1nr8.jpg

Looks like I know what I'll be working on for my summer project… Good ol bodywork

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet man, I see that you guys got that black zxt from CL.

Ya, my dad decided to buy that for the front struts and 5-speed to put in the '69 he's building. I threw in some fresh gas and a battery and it ran and drove very strongly, with the old crappy tires on wet road I was able to spin the tires in 3rd, until it suddenly stopped getting a spark.

I see, I was thinking of buying it but it was out of my budget at the time plus I rather throw money at my 810 here soon I'm gonna get another 810 sedan that I found locally the guy is gonna get it running and what not for me. Doesn't the ZX have a Borg Warner trans since it's a turbo? Let you dad know if he's ever wanting to sell the engine I'm interested also the crossmember and rack & pinion if it's a manual one? I got a whole write up on a rack & pinion and steering swap for the 810.

I see, I was thinking of buying it but it was out of my budget at the time plus I rather throw money at my 810 here soon I'm gonna get another 810 sedan that I found locally the guy is gonna get it running and what not for me. Doesn't the ZX have a Borg Warner trans since it's a turbo? Let you dad know if he's ever wanting to sell the engine I'm interested also the crossmember and rack & pinion if it's a manual one? I got a whole write up on a rack & pinion and steering swap for the 810.

Ya, I'm almost positive it has the t5 since it's the 82-83 manual zxt, but I just know he was talking about a close ratio 5-speed to go with the L20 he will be dropping in.  I'm not sure what he's planning to do with the zxt yet since he probably will not get around to doing any work on the cars until summer.

• 2 weeks later...

I am seriously about to buy an Element case.  How do you like yours?  

I've had mine for probably a year and a half, I love it! I even forgot my phone on top of a car once, went back and found it without any harm to the phone and you could tell it hit the ground and rolled on all four corners. Well worth the investment if you ask me.

Dude great build! I'm also putting 240z seat in my 510. I'm curious how you mounted the rear of them?

Since they're both Datsun seats I just used 240z rails with the 510 seat mounts and drilled new holes in the floor since the 240 seats are not as wide.  Worked great only thing is the seats are a little thinner so you sit lower, however I'm 6' so it worked out great for me.

of course. i mocked mine up once and had a different idea. but your way is a lot easier than what i was gonna do. derp. thanks. and keep up the great work. :thumbup:

Ya, you can use all of the old hardware to mount them.

Visited San Luis Port the other day.  Nice the back in 80 degree weather!

Since my vg is high milage it's getting a slight ticking, hopefully it will last until summer when I can pull it for a rebuild.

Also I'm thinking my holley power valve is blown, I get 20hg at idle with a FI engine.

82TYga3.jpg

M0RI4rT.jpg

hWprwVY.jpg

9IcGFah.jpg

gLkPaaH.jpg

fru1zIm.jpg

ZkKRv4v.jpg

VItA7NY.jpg

Hey are those the original Red K2 Fujatives on your roof?? Fun skis stupid soft but kinda fun for butters and stuff...

You've got a great eye! They're my spare set of skis so I brought them with me with the hopes of hitting up the slopes sometime in the next few weeks.  However, I don't have much of a closet so they're locked on top for now.

Thought I'd update this. No pictures though.

This morning I blew my engine while hooning.  I have my shift-light set at 6.3k, never hit it but I was definitely getting close to 6k quite a bit.

Thankfully I was nearly home so a friend and I were able to push it back.

Thinking it was maybe a bad rod bearing.  There's been a slight knock since I've gotten this running and put about 1800 miles on it.

The knock got real bad very quickly, maybe within a half mile before the sound got worse and it died.  I know there's an aftermarket oil pan from the PO so I'm wondering if the PO didn't get the right pick-up and caused an oil starvation as I never really got around to pulling anything apart.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, I don't really feel like starting a new thread.

Last weekend my dad took the time and drive 9 hours to pick up the dime and let me borrow his project for a couple months.

Sg2c0cG.jpg

5kPtl0X.jpg

e0z2lJP.jpg

71YYROg.jpg

YLn8iPu.jpg

XcgpQJd.jpgGY467dh.jpg

o7e8UCr.jpg

5MYQxh8.jpg

WXFSAgs.jpg

Anyone ever encounter an issue where the engine stalls out when you come to a stop but drives great otherwise?  I've been playing with the idle mixture screw to not much luck.