STAGE ONE: Engine 101

HOGIE

looks like a 32/36 weber a/ auto choke.  You can also call weber direct and tell them numbers stamped on Carb.. Are you trying to install in a Datsun.. You'll need an adapter plate..like I said get in touch of weber direct...ask their tech dept.  they should be able to tell you the detals.  Not sure how long that's been sitting, may want to freshen it up a bit. Good luck.

Is this the adapter plate?

IMG_5649_zps772ff3dc.jpg

Can you just measure the output ports to figure out the size?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this kit should be for a Datsun 510:  http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/product_p/wk663.htm..  you see the adapter looks different..was that off a Toyota, kinda of look like the one I had on my 75 Celica with 20r, could be wrong.  Like I said earlier go on weberdirect and talk to their tech.  Sometimes, it's better to spend a little bit of money and buy the kit together.  Then again don't know your situation. Good luck.  BTW you can also ask weber direct for the measurements. 

That mini hi-riser will give it some ump..glad to hear it wil fit. Good luck keep us informed. Dont tigthent too much. After check for vacuum leak by spraying carb cleaner around carb area and intake..if rpm goes up, then tighten just a bit. Messed up my adapter b4....

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone identify the specific model of this carb. I want to rebuild it and need to know exactly what kit to buy to do so. Thanks.

Also this was said about this specific carb, this pic is just a cropping of a previously posted pic.

Carb is an L16 or L18 carb.  It'll work, but not optimally.  It also has an L16/L18 fuel pump, which is probably the only way it avoided constantly flooding with the fuel return rail gone.

142_zps38862ccf.jpg

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Any L series transmission will bolt to any other L series motor. But there's more to it than that. For one the two most common L 5 speeds are different lengths. If you have the short, your truck driveshaft will need to be lengthened. Additionally, the L16s only had 200mm clutches and your truck will have a 225mm one. You will have to swap the L20B release bearing over to use it.

So Mike, I have a L20b bolted to a 4speed and a L16 bolted to a 5speed. If I use the L16 with the 4speed, what release bearing do I use and what are the specs of this release bearing suppose to be? It seems to be a trend with this truck to have the incorrect parts.