Picked up a 720 today (Large Images)

inzel

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, no sweat.  I've seen worse. :)

So have I, them double cab 521 photos that the guy from Saudi Arabia posted, each took 10 minutes to load on my computer.

I figured out if I sent them to my email, they were automatically made smaller and then I could save them, I need to set up some kind of photo re-sizer.

Thankyou for fixing them inzel.  :)

Another update. I just put my wheels and tires on over the weekend...

IMG_20130419_170133_848.jpg

IMG_20130419_170152_813.jpg

After I put the wheels and tires on I tried to go for a ride to test them out and I couldnt turn the wheel more than a quarter turn before it was lodged in to the wheel well. After using 2 sledge hammers and an extreme torsion re-index I ended up with about a 3 inch lift and full ability to turn my wheels as I pleased. Looks so much better than it did. Its about time to paint...

• 4 months later...

Whats up everyone. Been a long time since I posted but wanted to give an update and get some helpful advice as well. After sitting for the winter, I have started back on my build. I drove my truck back to my house and started taking it apart. I have ordered new fenders, got a new bed, got new doors, got new waterpump and thermostat, hopefully picking up a header and muffler here soon, put in a new stereo, got brand new tires for the 14 in steelies (those will be changed down the road), got a new gas tank, new dash mat, getting seats out of a Neon, new lower valance, new bumper, new shift boot, blah blah blah...

I am also wanting to put on a weber carb. I see that 4x4parts sells a 32/36 and a 38/38. There is only a $50 difference so I wanted to check with you guys and see if you know of any reason not to get the 38. I am also thinking about getting some 18in Titan steelies with tires. See any reason that they wouldnt fit? 

Here are some pics as it sits right now...

frame-1.jpg

frame-2.jpg

frame-3.jpg

Not much left but the motor runs very strong and it doesnt even leak oil (at the moment) ;)

I got a bunch of my parts in :) I have putting the truck back together and came across a snag. I thought I selected the Pacesetter 70-1112 header but got the 70-1113. After checking my order, it appears as tho I actually selected the wrong one which makes it my fault. Anyways... I am wondering if anyone else has been able to get this header to fit on their 720 non 4x4. In my situation there isnt enough room above the torsion bar on the drivers side to hook up anything past the header itself.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have thoughts on the header? I am wondering if I can resolve the issue by lowering the truck back down. It doesnt seem like it would fix the problem to me but other people keep asking me that so I figure I better check here. Anyone had this issue?

I also wanted to know if anyone here had any problems using the 4x4 shifter console with the gauges as well as the 4x4 instrument panel on a 2wd. I have both, they are way better looking, so I would like to use them if not too much trouble

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I am getting all my ducks in a row to complete this build once the weather warms up a bit. I really would like to know if anyone has had any luck getting a 70-1113 header to fit on the 2wd truck. I really hope I dont have to send it back to get another one. I could possibly shim the motor/motor mounts, but I would rather not do that if I cant get around it.

I guess I can order the proper one and try to sell this one but it sure would be handy to avoid all that :)

Well I broke down and just bought the 70-1112. Good news is, I now have a brand new 70-1112 that is meant to fit my truck and I also have a 70-1113 set that is going to be for sale. Anyone interested please PM me. We can work out a price.