Anybody try these flares on a Datsun 1200

B-1-Juan-oh

the rear will have the 510 goon, h190 with LSD, should bring it out a little

About 2" wider as I recall. 

the owner of the 71 skyline thinks i should get the TS fender flares from Japan, i would but b-pro wanted like $600 for the last set he had...... ouch.

Honestly, I think the CDM flares look a lot better than the "real" TS flares, assuming we're talking about the bigger "full race" flares. If you meant the smaller ones, most people seem to think they look a lot like the CDM flares (if not identical). 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this isnt a fender mirror thread but.....I like the fender mirrors....Vitaloni Sebring???? Can you confirm or deny?

images_zps29f2d280.jpgtomei_zps46d359e6.jpg

mine and the actual one, the TS flares would complete the look

I also like the vitaloni californian

suzuka-011.jpg

I know this isnt a fender mirror thread but.....I like the fender mirrors....

Well, the flare thing has pretty much run it's course, so...   :rofl:

The above (and often referenced) white 1200 coupe uses those, as does dimlight65's white '71 coupe.

Even though Vitaloni didn't really intend it that way, they do look bitchin' mounted to the fender of a 1200.  :thumbup:

I know this isnt a fender mirror thread but.....I like the fender mirrors....Vitaloni Sebring???? Can you confirm or deny?

suzuka-011.jpg

I bought some for a future 1200 project, vitaloni california copies, for the black car they are off a Kawasaki

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

14x8 -28 will come out past the CDM flare... Here's how i know:

e9c4d322b90411e296ed22000aaa0a30_7_zpsc8

15x7 0 offset with 20mm bolt on spacer and a 5mm slip-on spacer front (25mm total)

6c399d00b90111e2b55e22000a9f09fb_7_zpsa0

15x7 0 offset with 20mm bolt on spacer (the 5mm slip-on made the tire touch the flare... a lot) Rear.

14x8 -28 will come out past the CDM flare... 

FWIW, I currently have a 14x7 -9 with a 20mm spacer up front and a 25mm spacer out back, so a 14x8 -28 would be cake (for me). That's not for everyone though, as my car is running quite a bit more negative camber front and rear than most.

I'll probably be switching to a 14x7 -32 out back and 14x7 -24 up front.  Found some wheels I like in those sizes.  :thumbup:

Here's how i know:

Your tires are also quite tall/large for a 1200. 

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I currently have a 14x7 -9 with a 20mm spacer up front and a 25mm spacer out back, so a 14x8 -28 would be cake (for me). That's not for everyone though, as my car is running quite a bit more negative camber front and rear than most.

I'll probably be switching to a 14x7 -32 out back and 14x7 -24 up front.  Found some wheels I like in those sizes.  :thumbup:

Your tires are also quite tall/large for a 1200. 

Yeah those are 205/60/15's. I run 205/60/13's (pictured up against the drawers). i just poped the 92's off another car in the shop. I guess if you stretched a 195 on an 8 you could put -4 degrees camber up front and clear no prob. I can go to almost -6 up front but thats just silly. Rears, for us solid axle guys, -25 on an 8 will be outside of the cdm fender flare... thats cool i guess if you dont like being that low, or dont mind banging it on the flare.

My picture is kind of deceptive also because i had a jack under the rear and the tire isnt touching the ground. The tires weren't my concern, its that with -25 on a 7 the rim just barely pokes in the front and pokes a few mm in the back. Im too low for those offsets but a taller car could do it, it would just poke. All i was saying is that they will poke. Im about to pull the tires off the enki's so if some one wants to see what 15x7 -25 poke looks like without tires being a factor.

On the 13's ive got 3.5 inches between the ground and the oil pan, less to the header, it scrapes on everything.

• 1 year later...

My money is on custom. Seen lots of 1200 flares. None exactly like this. 

Yeah, me too. I wonder if they pie-cut the steel and shaped it or molded aftermarket fiberglass flares on. Best looking sedan ever, IMO. 

Has anybody seen these installed on a car?:

http://www.datsun1200.asia/category/select/cid/323/pid/8945/language/en

wonder if they pie-cut the steel and shaped it or molded aftermarket fiberglass flares on. 

Also, since the shape doesn't look anything like the stock shape, my money is an all new metal/fiberglass, not modified stock fenders. 

If you're hip to welding metal, and want the "smoothed" look, try finding 2 pairs of Dodge Omni fenders. Those flares work well on a 1200 also.   :thumbup:

Going back to this car, does anyone know what size those wheels/tires are? Look too big to be 13's but are they 14's or 15's?

Definitely not 15s. To me, there's a 50% chance they are even 14s. For whatever reason it seems like everybody in Japan runs 13s.

They must have a better selection of small tires than we do...   :sneaky: