FS: Parting out 1979 510 Datsun

Sooo..

Im a noob here. I was at a local yard pulling parts for my E30 and seen this 1979 Datsun 510 sitting there.

It's been there awhile and doesn't get much interest. I would hate to see it get scrapped with nothing pulled..

Let me know what you can use and I can get better pics. Thanks

IMAG1646_zps9c4894a9.jpg

IMAG1652_zps9b5baba3.jpg

IMAG1644_zps02d76d78.jpg

IMAG1655_zps796c9ef2.jpg

IMAG1645_zps6acfe051.jpg

IMAG1647_zpsa4ec2d1b.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice of you to offer to hook us up with parts but this would probably fit better in the "wrecking yard report" in the general section. Another thing to note is that it's not a 1971. Looks like late 70's to me. BTW I would love to see your 510 project. You should start a build thread. :thumbup:

Look inside door jamb on that plate to find the year ,, does it have round or rectangular head lights,,, If it`s a 79 and has matchbox distributor that would be worth your time to scoop up,, someone is always looking for one of those.

As for me; ..  does it have a stock  tach ??

Look inside door jamb on that plate to find the year ,, does it have round or rectangular head lights,,, If it`s a 79 and has matchbox distributor that would be worth your time to scoop up,, someone is always looking for one of those.

As for me; ..  does it have a stock  tach ??

You are absolutely right..It is  '79...  has round headlights..  I will check on the tach tomorrow..

thanks for all the info..

Hey Datsunway I would like to buy the entire clutch/brake pedal assembly, the glove box lock, and the clutch master cylinder (If thats still good). And on the transmission, is it the 5 speed dog leg? If so I would probably want to buy that to if its in good shape and won't cost a fortune to ship. I do have a paypal account and I will pay the shipping cost. I'll pm you my cell number so you can call me if needed.

Thanks,

Justin

Btw here's a pic of what the pedal assembly looks like.

datsun521027-1.jpeg

Hey Datsunway I would like to buy the entire clutch/brake pedal assembly, the glove box lock, and the clutch master cylinder (If thats still good). And on the transmission, is it the 5 speed dog leg? If so I would probably want to buy that to if its in good shape and won't cost a fortune to ship. I do have a

Thanks,

Justin

Btw

Aintihero if you have an auto the dogleg trans will probably be shorter and you will need a longer driveshaft...

Measure your trans from engine to end of output,,it will most likely be 31" inches-ish long and a dog leg will only be around 26" 27" ,,,,

A Z , ZX or 620 pickup 5speed might be what you need

The trans in the 78 we got for parts had a 4speed in it (which is same lenght as dogleg ) and the driveline was longer..we used the shorter auto one,,,,like you might have already..

maybe,,,,  but you need to measure

datsun521037.jpg

The clutch slave and the rubber hose if it`s still good ,,and cheap,, might be worth getting ,,one less thing ,, you know

It`s also to bad sending the prebent clutch line probably isnt feasible because that made it a ton easier for us..

The clutch slave and the rubber hose if it`s still good ,,and cheap,, might be worth getting ,,one less thing ,, you know

It`s also to bad sending the prebent clutch line probably isnt feasible because that made it a ton easier for us..

Hey thanks for the info. I'll have to measure my drive shaft to see which tranny I'll need. I hope I can use the normal 5 speed vs the dogleg due to it's easier to find. But hey what are you talking about on the prebent clutch line? Should I try and get that part to? Why would you say it isn't feasible to get? Also I just thought do you know if I would need the trans crossmember from that car?  

Hey thanks for the info. I'll have to measure my drive shaft to see which tranny I'll need. I hope I can use the normal 5 speed vs the dogleg due to it's easier to find. But hey what are you talking about on the prebent clutch line? Should I try and get that part to? Why would you say it isn't feasible to get? Also I just thought do you know if I would need the trans crossmember from that car?  

The prebent clutch line is just the line that comes stock, that you would take out of a manual. (Line that goes from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder).  But having it pre-bent makes it look stock to the car, its cleaner looking and goes in the right spots. But shipping it would take the wierdest shipping box ever.

AND my dad (Bananahammuck) and i can't freaking remember what crossmember we used...so you should just get it to play it on the safe side.

Sorry if i couldn't help you more, man.

If it still has the datsun510 fender badges I would be interested also if it has the rear driver side vent cover by passenger door ... And in the center console the cover for the storage compartment right behind the parking brake In between the seats ... I would buy those of u if u can get them thanks In Advance

I did this on the 710. I had the short 4 speed / long DS in it but automatics are longer and the same length as the 71B 5 speed. Litterally dropped in with the auto DS.

Bananana do you have the exact lengths between U joints for these drive shafts???? Please?

datsun521037.jpg

Pm'd for distributor and coil

If it still has the datsun510 fender badges I would be interested also if it has the rear driver side vent cover by passenger door ... And in the center console the cover for the storage compartment right behind the parking brake In between the seats ... I would buy those of u if u can get them thanks In Advance

Are you guys intentionally asking for parts that are clearly already missing in the photos?

• Like 2

Are you guys intentionally asking for parts that are clearly already missing in the photos?

No one asked for ur opinion dib shit... FYI u can clearly see the 510 badge on passenger side fender and other stuff I asked for are not pictured and if datsunway doesn't mind answering questions why should u so MIND UR FUCKING BUISSNESS !!!

OK, the passenger one is there... or what's left of it, but it's crumbled to pieces.  I can see in the pics the driver's one is gone.  The driver's side pillar vent cover is gone...  the entire storage box on the console is gone.  But you're right, they could all be thrown in the back seat too.

I was trying to be sarcastically humorous. I found it amusing that 2 people would ask about parts that were already gone.  But, you had to take it personal.  That's fine.

OK, the passenger one is there... or what's left of it, but it's crumbled to pieces. I can see in the pics the driver's one is gone. The driver's side pillar vent cover is gone... the entire storage box on the console is gone. But you're right, they could all be thrown in the back seat too.

I was trying to be sarcastically humorous. I found it amusing that 2 people would ask about parts that were already gone. But, you had to take it personal. That's fine.

What are you talking about he's sending it to me tomorrow, he pulled it for me

No one asked for ur opinion dib shit... FYI u can clearly see the 510 badge on passenger side fender and other stuff I asked for are not pictured and if datsunway doesn't mind answering questions why should u so MIND UR FUCKING BUISSNESS !!!

Lighten up Mr. 144 posts or you can sit in the corner.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.