Found - A forest in Southeastern Oklahoma that grows Datsuns freerange...

Camtron

You Jinxed me! You truly are eve-ill. Like the fru-its of the De-Vil! J/k buddy. But I woke up today with a cough and a fever and we're packing up to head to my Hospital in OKC (3 hour drive). I already spent Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday (got home last night) and I do believe my wife's Murano could make the trip on autopilot. Lol

I just did a 5 day stint a couple of weeks ago, so hopefully this one won't be too bad either! I'm just glad I got to spend a night at home!

/whining

Edit: My fever had started to come down before we left (took a bit to get packed and arrange child/puppy care) and by the time we got to the hospital my fever was normal. Except for blood cultures, which take a couple of days, all the tests they ran came back normal. They considered admitting me for 24 hours for observation, but after more than 12 in the ER with no fever and no changes we decided to head on home. I'll hafta go back if I spike another fever, but spending the meantime at home with my family is gonna be better healthwise anyway. There's not a lot I like less than being in the hospital when I feel fine.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

He still had it as of last week, but I beleive another Ratsuner is making inquiries at the present, and I think he's mainly interested in the engine. Maybe you guys could double team it? Lol

anyone who pays more than $1000 is seriously messed up in the head, maybe 1500, but thats the absolute limit of value, RHD z's are not as rare as I once thought they were. those carbs in that condition are only worth a few hundred bucks at best. and the body in that condition is going to take an incredible amount of restoration. I really wish people had some semblance of respect for these cars and did not leave them sitting out for 30 years thinking its protected by a tarp.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I have still been moving at a dead snail's pace on the dime. The last real work I was able to put in was on Memorial Day. I had to sit out that entire week of 80 degree weather because my white blood cell count was low and the risk of infection was too high. I still haven't finished stripping/cleaning the interior :(

But I've got a nice pile of parts in my shed! So it shouldn't take long to get her back together once I finally get to do it!

I tried man! I promise I did, but he wouldn't even talk about letting me take any parts! He's thinking he's gonna get it running and sell it. I HIGHLY doubt he'll get around to it, so I'll keep checking and let you know if he changes his mind

• 3 weeks later...

He moved to Oklahoma from California in the mid 70's and brought some stuff with him then. At one time he had a couple of DKW cars and some smaller displacement Ducati motorcycles. A pretty well rounded guy; automotively speaking. He was a machinist in Calif. & for a time in Oklahoma. I bought some 55-57 Chevy parts from him in the 70's. Certainly has an eye for unique and desirable cars.

Steve

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, well, well Cam! Lucky yourself having found that nice looking 510, my brother. You look like a chill looking guy with a cool son, man! And, besides your illnesses (praying for ya!) I'd say you're pretty lucky to have a cool family and 510!- something many of us would be very fortunate to have! Thanks for sharing that sighting. Saw that Ford Galaxy in the background as well. Reminded me of an old neighbor of mine, back in the 80's. Lol.

I really see your find as a come up. It's all there, complete! Except for the carb, of course and whatever else you know is missing! The body is straight and it does look very solid. Send us a current pic as it sits now, regardless of progress! I'd still like to see them. To me it's like the first and main part of the acquiring mission- picturing it in your OWN turf! Lol

My eyes popped out when I first read your story and got a slight glimpse of a flash reflection when your 510's picture was loading up! Hahaha

Hey, I'm also interested in those Hi-Luxes, if you ever get a chance at pictures and info, any time. Tell the guy, I says Hi and thank you for the show! Lol

Get better, stronger and thanks again Cam! Greetings to the kiddo and rest of fam! Ttyl.

Well, well, well Cam! Lucky yourself having found that nice looking 510, my brother. You look like a chill looking guy with a cool son, man! And, besides your illnesses (praying for ya!) I'd say you're pretty lucky to have a cool family and 510!- something many of us would be very fortunate to have! Thanks for sharing that sighting. Saw that Ford Galaxy in the background as well. Reminded me of an old neighbor of mine, back in the 80's. Lol.

I really see your find as a come up. It's all there, complete! Except for the carb, of course and whatever else you know is missing! The body is straight and it does look very solid. Send us a current pic as it sits now, regardless of progress! I'd still like to see them. To me it's like the first and main part of the acquiring mission- picturing it in your OWN turf! Lol

My eyes popped out when I first read your story and got a slight glimpse of a flash reflection when your 510's picture was loading up! Hahaha

Hey, I'm also interested in those Hi-Luxes, if you ever get a chance at pictures and info, any time. Tell the guy, I says Hi and thank you for the show! Lol

Get better, stronger and thanks again Cam! Greetings to the kiddo and rest of fam! Ttyl.

I hate to say this.. but cam past away. :(

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Very cool! Reminds me of when my buddies and I used to go out "sightseeing" (ie- snooping around on other people's property) in the woods and finding long-lost automotive treasures. Good stuff.

Yeah.

I hope his family is doing well. It'd be good to know, if someone happens to know.

• 8 months later...