SBC 307 Datsun 1200

jb1200

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

307??? Man that's old. Those were new when I was in highschool.

Yeah that's going to over double the engine weight and then you  need the old Powerglide auto on top of that. Just imagine a fat chick on each front fender when you'r driving this thing around.

Why would you need a powergilde? Any trans that bolts to a small block chevy will mount up. That includes the sticks like a 5 speed from a camaro.

I love V8 swaps but I would never do this to a 1200. It will be almost or as much work as doing a V8 RWD conversion to a FWD car that should be cut up (insert 93 Eclipse gs Widebody).

Will you be selling the 1200 parts when the project fails?

Failing is not an option in my book.

1200 vs Sawzall and the........................................ Sawzall wins! Yeepy

Cars with this short of a wheel base and narrow track width have a much higher rate of not making it to the other end of the track when the back end gets loose, and then there wont be any fenders left for us to buy. 

Can you tell we touched a nerve here?

Nobody has touched a nerve, I know actually what I want to build and how I'm gonna build it. Just remember whatever I saw off I can weld back on.

Mike probably knows that.  The Powerglide has more race cred than the T56 anyway.

Yes you are right about the powerglide but I'm looking forward to cruising the highway at 1,900rpm doing 85mph.

His build thread is actually over here...

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/51707-1200-ss-aka-the-baby-nova/

No updates since Sunday. My radiator comes in today and hopefully the engine mounts do too. Heading to a sheetmetal place after work to pick up a couple pieces to weld up the holes I cut out last weekend.

No updates since Sunday. My radiator comes in today and hopefully the engine mounts do too. Heading to a sheetmetal place after work to pick up a couple pieces to weld up the holes I cut out last weekend.

Take your time, and do it right. :thumbup: