SBC 307 Datsun 1200

jb1200

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jb1200: If you must, It can be, and has been done. Check this link from the Datsun 1200 Club. SBC 383 & Powerglide:

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Dat383

These little cars are fairly fragile and have very thin metal. Safetly first, a roll cage, frame connectors are in order here, as well as larger front brakes. Like I said before, it looks like you have made up your mind, and Good Luck to you.

Craig

jb1200: If you must, It can be, and has been done. Check this link from the Datsun 1200 Club. SBC 383 & Powerglide:

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Dat383

These little cars are fairly fragile and have very thin metal. Safetly first, a roll cage, frame connectors are in order here, as well as larger front brakes. Like I said before, it looks like you have made up your mind, and Good Luck to you.

Craig

Thanks Craig I really appreciate it. The black 1200 the you speak of is the exact car that I am using as a guide.

"These little cars are fairly fragile and have very thin metal"

Craig

I love V8 swaps but I would never do this to a 1200. It will be almost or as much work as doing a V8 RWD conversion to a FWD car that should be cut up (insert 93 Eclipse gs Widebody).

Will you be selling the 1200 parts when the project fails?

DaBlist,

I agree with you, and a 240Z-280Z with a smallblock chevy (which I did about 20 years ago)would be my personal choice instead of a B110. I have done many engine conversions since 1966, and I say let the guy learn, and if the hard way-so be it. Here is a link to the car build he is following, and what it looks like after taking 5 years to build. A drag car, yes, around corners---not so much

A drag video on YouTube of DAT383's car:

This is how the truck weight limit on a bridge is worked out. You drive trucks over it with heavier and heavier loads until the bridge collapses. You rebuild the bridge and pull the truck out of the ravine and weigh it. It's rough on the one truck but saves more of them in the long run.

• Like 1

1200 vs Sawzall and the........................................ Sawzall wins! Yeepy

Cars with this short of a wheel base and narrow track width have a much higher rate of not making it to the other end of the track when the back end gets loose, and then there wont be any fenders left for us to buy. 

Can you tell we touched a nerve here?