240sx KA24DE 225mm Flywheel New --- Sold---

I made the mistake of thinking this would fit the L20B.  I don't need it.  I bought and had it shipped to me for $113.  It's a stock Rino Pac flyhweel, about 23lbs.  My loss, your gain.  I'm moving to Alaska and I need to get rid of parts. ---Sold for $50 shipped---

008-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd never get it center perfectly. And if you did get it centered, so there wasn't any vibration, you would be relying on the bolts alone for "shear" strength.  Not a chance I'm willing to take.

Flat rate boxes are only good in instances like this where you have over 8lbs of weight.

Are you still interested H190?  Do you want me to get shipping quotes both ways?

That's good to know. I have KA crank and lots of L wheels just never tried it.

Yeah, Your lucky I'm the one that spent the $113 to find out the hard way!!!  Lucky me!! :)

I'd say it might be worth putting one of your wheels up to the crank and testing it.... Who knows, maybe different years will fit???  Nissan seems to be pretty standardized, but other manufacturers have some pretty messed up interchanges.

Yeah, Your lucky I'm the one that spent the $113 to find out the hard way!!!  Lucky me!! :)

I'd say it might be worth putting one of your wheels up to the crank and testing it.... Who knows, maybe different years will fit???  Nissan seems to be pretty standardized, but other manufacturers have some pretty messed up interchanges.

Good point! I have the KA-E crank out and a pile of L wheels. I will.

006.jpg

OK....The KA crank has a small brass pin that fits that small hole in the picture above. But that could be removed or ignored for now.

The large diameter of the end of the KA crank is the same as the L or Z series cranks.

The end of the KA crank has a small 'nose' that sticks out and fits the small center hole in the KA flywheel in the center of the 6 mounting bolts. L and Z series cranks are flush and do not have this protrusion sticking out that fits into the flywheel. The hole in the L and Z series flywheels is 1.34" or there about, while the KA hole is larger. What this means is that the 'nose' on the KA crank is larger than the hole on L and Z series flywheels.

A KA flywheel will fit an L or Z series crank but without grinding this nose off the KA crank or making the hole larger in the L/Z flywheels, it won't work the other way.

You lost me.  I'd have to see what your talking about.  What I do know, is when I put this up to my L20 crank, the diameter of the crank "snout" was smaller than the flywheel, and the flywheel would not center.  That was without modifications.  Now, are you saying, that with modifications, the L series flywheel will fit the KA crank?  But, the KA flywheel will not fit the L series crank?

Ok,... this flywheel DOES fit over the "snout" on the L crank, but it fits loosely (1/8" slop), not a "slightly" pressed fit like it should.  The L crank does not have the same locating pin the KA does, and therefore, centering the flywheel on the crank would not be easy.  You would also be relying on the bolts for "shear" strength.  Maybe your parts are different?

Yes I am interested, please get some shipping quotes. Thanks.

h190, I need a zip code or city to get a quote.  OR, here are the smallest dimensions I can get the wheel into with sufficient protection:  13 x 13.5 x 3 inches.  It weighs about 24lbs packaged up.  My zip code is: 66535.  I prefer USPS, but I can take it to a UPS store or FEDEX air or ground store.

Ok,... this flywheel DOES fit over the "snout" on the L crank, but it fits loosely (1/8" slop), not a "slightly" pressed fit like it should.  The L crank does not have the same locating pin the KA does, and therefore, centering the flywheel on the crank would not be easy.  You would also be relying on the bolts for "shear" strength.  Maybe your parts are different?

006.jpg

OK the counter sunk area that the 6 mounting bolt holes are located in is 3.14" across, almost exactly the same size as the end of the KA and L crankshafts.

Yours is aftermarket and may be larger as the KA crank centers on the smaller middle hole in the wheel.

h190;  For the packaging I'm comfortable shipping it in, it would cost $28.40 USPS to send it to you.  I can't find the a flat rate box that is big enough even for just the wheel to fit in.  So flat rate is out of the question. UPS would be $26.99......  So $75 shipped???? How does that sound?

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.