A12 engine and tranny from '72 Datsun 1200 for sale

I recently did an engine swap and have no need for my A12. It is complete engine and tranny. Located in Santa Fe Springs, CA. It was running perfectly, except for some hesitation with throttle before it was pulled. Purred at idle. No smoking and the tranny shifted beautifully. My guess is the fuel pump might need replacing or rebuild which caused the hesitation. Then again, it might have simply been a fuel filter issue. Too late too tell since we pulled everything at once and didn't notice. Otherwise no issues. I'll post pics shortly. 

Asking $350

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still have it. Haven't had a chance to post pics, but SoCal guys can see it at WrenchPro in Santa Fe Springs. Only reason I pulled it was to swap for an F20C. If I was planning on staying with an A12, I wouldn't have dreamed of swapping it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dang...that's the exact set up I need for my 1200 coupe, to bad I'm low on funds

I'm open to offers. I dropped an F20C in my car, so I don't have any use for the A12. I want it to go to a good home more than anything. It would be a true waste to scrap it since it ran really well. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.