Need some Seattle area welding

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking to cut down my strut tubes and will need them welded back together. Was hoping to spend about 20$ ($40 total) per strut to somebody with the skills and tools to do a decent job... Let me know if you exist.

Maybe somebody with more experience can chime in but was thinking it would be good to have copper tube or fitting that was as close as possible to the strut ID placed inside of the weld so the weld doesn't blow through and  hang out on the inside and cause problems with the insert dropping in. You might have to slit what ever you are using to expand or shrink it and make sure you have a good way to get a hold of it and remove it after wards. It will be a balancing act on getting good weld penetration with out causing a mess on the inside of the strut. I know it been done lots of times before so it can't be to hard.

If I had the equipment I think with a few practice runs could accomplish what I need, But I dont so still looking for someone with the skills and tools needed. (mig, tig, metal cutting chop saw,etc) I will check with some local muffler shops, I was just trying to keep my money in the local Ratsun community.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.