Braided brake lines

graveltrapp

Well after pulling my wheels to change out pads I noticed that both sides of the front brakes lines were split and looking ultra sketchy. I saw Mikes "maybe" lines that he was going to try on the big brake kit, but I was hoping for a sure thing. Does anyone have any non Japanese based sites that has stainless braided front brake lines for the 1200 sedan? Dave what do you got for me???

IMAG0137_zps887b04a9.jpg

IMAG0136_zps53118e85.jpg

IMAG0139_zps9962e9cb.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to grind off about .250 off the caliper to clear my wheels backside. But the new pads stop so much better. If I had some cash I would go for the big brake setup that Mike has made up, Maybe later this summer.

From this(black arrows on caliper outer edge)

IMAG0161_zps8c42075a.jpg

To this:

IMAG0166_zps68472717.jpg

By doing some of this:

IMAG0165_zps6ed890ba.jpg

1353.photobucket.com/albums/q677/graveltrapp/IMAG0164_zps9b04bb63.jpg[/img]

IMAG0162_zps0f231522.jpg

IMAG0164_zps9b04bb63.jpg

Well "need" is a relative term. They need to be braided on my car/truck. One I dont have to worry about cracking, cutting, kinking them and two they help performance by not expanding under heavy braking. To me its well worth the effort. 

Look into oil filter services, They have a shop in portland and I have heard they are in seattle area as well. Had mine made to order in 15 minutes and cost about $35 a peice. Apparently rubber lines cost about the same because they have to be sent off for testing after manufacture.

just go to bent bike on 99 and see if you can match the up. They have a huge selection of braided SS usually with both eyes & blocks, as long as you can get the proper diameter ( & im not certain thats even that critical, could be +/- by a nominal amount) & get it to bolt up & seal it should be fine. At least that way you can match up lengths & eyelets.