Sign in to follow this  
Langheck

260z Automatic Transmission Oil Cooling hose. Where can I get them?

I've recently found that both oil cooler hoses on my Z are becoming very moist and are leaking through the hose material. I've been looking all over the place for replacements ranging from the local O'Reillys and Napa to Younkers Nissan in Renton. The internet hasn't turned nothing for me either except for generic looking hose without any of the metal connection pieces my stockhoses have. Then again trying to find anything relating to an autobox 260z seems to be like finding a needle in haystack. 

Anyway, would anyone here happen to know if its possible to obtain these hoses? One end screw into metal line and the other screws into the bottom of the radiator (to the oil cooler) Was something similar used on other models using that 3-speed auto or is this considered pretty unobtainable? 

Most 3N71B automatics have steel lines all the way from the transmission to the front of the motor. From there to the rad fittings there are simple hydraulic hoses. All you need do is replace them with hydraulic hoses of similar inner diameter and use stainless gear clamps to secure them. These new hoses must be safe for use with oil or petroleum products and able to handle 50 PSI. The pressure never gets that high as the return line just empties back into the transmission.

I've used fuel line hose with gear clamps lots of times.

Most 3N71B automatics have steel lines all the way from the transmission to the front of the motor. From there to the rad fittings there are simple hydraulic hoses. All you need do is replace them with hydraulic hoses of similar inner diameter and use stainless gear clamps to secure them. These new hoses must be safe for use with oil or petroleum products and able to handle 50 PSI. The pressure never gets that high as the return line just empties back into the transmission.

I've used fuel line hose with gear clamps lots of times.

Hey thanks! I'll look into the hydraulic hose. If all else fails, then fuel hose with gear clamps it is!