VTO Classic 8’s available in 6x139.7*

VTO Classic 8’s available in 6x139.7*

* But we need some help to verify if these can be fit to a Datsun truck.

Our VTO Classic 8 wheels in 16x 7 & 15x7 can be custom drilled for the Datsun pick-up 6 x 5.5” (6x139.7mm) bolt pattern, but the VTO center bore on these wheels is only 73mm, which is a problem for stock Datsun trucks.  

Even though the correct truck bolt pattern can be drilled it is still unknown if the truck’s front hubs can be modified or if spacers can be used to fit these VTO wheels with 73mm CB's onto a Datsun truck.

VTO can enlarge the center bore to as much as 85mm if that will help, but if modified the center caps will no longer work.

I keep getting interest in wheels for Datsun Trucks, but no one can give me solid information on what CB will work or if the hubs can be modified to fit a 73mm center bore or if/what spacers can be used.

Any good measurements or info on Datsun truck wheel fitment would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a 16” Classic 8 in 5x114.3

P10105731.JPG

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, I'm not sure how much this will help, but i will share it.

I converted the front of my 76 620 to disc brakes using spindles/hubs from a Hardbody truck. The hub bore needed for this hubs and i think 720 hubs too is 100mm. By using these spindles and combining them with later model wheels from and Xterra(also 100mm) the front is now all hubcentric as they should be. The hubcentric makes wheel vibrations and balancing much easier.

I know that this doesnt really apply the truck that have not been modified the same as mine, but the disc brake upgrade is very common. 

The 100mm hub bore is a fairly common bore to be found on many Japanese vehicles with a 6 x 139.7 bolt pattern.

Nissan(720?, hardbody 2 & 4wd, frontiers, xterra), Honda(passport), Isuzu(rodeo, trucks), and i think the toyota 4wd trucks from 79-current and Landcruiser 58-97.

Anyways, it might open you market a bit if they fit more stuff.

Good Luck

yello620,

Thank you for the info. It certainly does help.

The VTO wheel was never designed with the 6x139.7 pattern in mind. They designed it for the Porsche 5x130 as a max, but there is enough material to safely drill them to 6x139.7.

As I noted before the CB is the issue. VTO will open the CB up to 85mm but these wheels cannot be machined to 100mm. I have picked up here and there that guys have modifying the hubs for smaller CB wheels and have used spacers to clear the hub on others., but nothing definative for dimensions was ever provided.

One good note on the VTO wheel is they are designed to be lug centric like the earlier model Datsuns are, so as long as the wheel CB clears the hub it is not that critical how tight the fit is.