64 front suspension part numbers

bigman420

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some parts will transfer over, basicly everything from the lower control arm mount to the top of the spindle/kingpin will transfer over from a 520/521, but all the parts to mount it must also follow the arm/spindle. 

The 320 lower control arm connection to the lower bushing assembly has differant seals than the 520/521, so I am not sure if one can mix/match this connection.

The upper control arm bushing assembly itself without the control arms or bushings is the same part used on a lot of datsuns, I could be wrong, but I believe that this part is the same part used on the roadster, 320, and maybe 520, but different bushings were used for specific vehicles, it's been so long since I thought about this stuff, that I likely don't remember things correctly.

Caution, the upper control arms themselves may look the same, but they are not, there are differances, look at and measure everything.

Datsun/nissan used a lot of the same parts on different vehicles, so you have to look in some of the strangest places for parts, like the datsun 320 and the early roadster share the same exterior door handle.

Who knows, I have never looked into this, but it might be possible that the whole 521 upper control arm assembly with the giant bushings might transfer over to the 320 complete, as they connect to the upper spindle/kingpin assembly using the same connection part, which is part# 54519-08700 in the photo with part numbers above, but as I said, I am not sure of this, as I have not measured the mount holes or the length of the arms.

When you need a chassis part, look at all the early datsun frames, they share a lot of parts, such as the giant 320 idler arm, you can use the smaller 521 idler arm in a pinch.