620 windshield

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ck a big local glass shop, ask if they sell ppg glass, they still have them, i bought a brand new glass for 97.00 dollars, just a few months ago, ppg is about the only company still making datto windows..:D

PPG vintage division. They are expensive because of the shipping was my experience. The guy that I talked to said that he had two door windows for a 620 but they were in two different places on the east coast so the shipping was more than the glass. He said that they don't make door glass anymore. I grabbed some spares from the pick & pull for $35 ea.

I got my winshield through Apple Auto Glass here in Portland. They got it in a day from Pilkington Classics and wanted $235 installed. I called about fifteen different glass places and a bunch of mobile glass guys off craigslist. None of them could even find the glass or rubber... or even wanted to deal with it at all.

Having a new windshield is is so great. Way worth the hassle.

http://www.pilkington.com/The+Americas/USA/English/Automotive/AGR/pilkington+classics/default.htm

I'll check the PPG new glass if its under $100 then I'll get one and buy a new windshield rubber for it.

most of the mobile shops that do windshield installs probably don't deal with old cars as the new cars have silicone holding the glass in instead of rubber seals anymore but I'll ask a neighboor as they had theirs installed for less than $175 incl glass also!!!

conrad

New windshield for Ol Yeller just 2 months ago here in Chino...$145 installed...and they came to my house and did it in less than 20 minutes...

the winshields are available all ya have to do is ask...

I picked up my 620 windshield @ Ecology for $35. Bouth a NEW gasket from a local glass shop for $80 & i had them install it,basically if they break they replace, i break im screwed. Worth paying a bit extra id say. Z train the KC window gaskets are pretty much NLA [no longer available] so u may have to pay the too intense price.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.