Ratsun Fighter Plane Car

I was wondering if the mascot car at the top of my page is an actual depiction of an actual car.  I have been kind of straining my brain on what color i'm going to paint my car and that looks sick.   The thought of passing some unknowing snob and shattering their eardrums and them not knowing what it was is exciting to me.  I.m thinking of stealing the idea for mine.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called the street fighter theme and there's a few of them out there. All look like ass. It's a great look in theory, but you can't fake a Ratsun with some paint. That's all suppose to be rust and mismatched panels... Then the shark is painted on there.

So everyone's attempt to fake patina and nostalgia just looks like hot Japanese garbage. Save yourself the trouble and don't do it.

Leave the crazy car themes to Fisch.

Like I said... hot garbage. So is that string of Thai (?) track cars all painted the same. 

Here is the only car I personally like with the spirit of this theme:

MG_5601-as-Smart-Object-1-copy.jpg

*note: patina/rust is real, but induced... only the shark is painted. 

• Like 1

It was just a thought.  I like the look but, I was kind of thinking that because i cant decide on an actual color because i'm so crazy about the cars that any color on a 510 looks good. Maybe I should just go with the original mustard.  To me that color is ugly but, but some how in my mind I think the 510 pulls it off.  But if i do change the color i'm thinking blue or orange or green or black or white....... Damn it .I can't decide.

That goon is gross ugh
Idk how you could knock faking patina and like that bimmers spirit, that whole shit is fake. Its not just induced its completely manufactured. I mean w/e people want to do I just see a contradiction there. 

This guy has been getting a lot of play lately. I think all you have to do to get in speed hunters if fuck your car up and take good pics... Not referring to this z32 per se, just seems the trend. 
LARY1562.jpg
LARY08641.jpg

That goon is gross ugh

Idk how you could knock faking patina and like that bimmers spirit, that whole shit is fake. Its not just induced its completely manufactured. I mean w/e people want to do I just see a contradiction there. 

This guy has been getting a lot of play lately. I think all you have to do to get in speed hunters if fuck your car up and take good pics... Not referring to this z32 per se, just seems the trend. 

LARY1562.jpg

LARY08641.jpg

LOLOLOL  Those tailpipes remind me of this time my friend was at a car show and he was walking around a car that had those and didn't see them.  He was definitely screaming afterwards.  

My prob with most of them is the lack of character. A clean shark mouth paint job looks like ass to me. People need to airbrush in nicks, scuffs, rivets etc... Fisch's version looks good to me because of all the artisic nuances used, not using them on the actual car leaves it looking too corny, 2 dimensional imho. 

Chads 620 is fucking awesome though I dont think that paint job does the truck justice at all. I wish it was clear so we could just see everything underneath lol. 

Clear coat will flake off aluminum, people including myself have tried it soooo many dif ways. That oxidation of the aluminum due to the porous nature of clear coats causes cracking and flaking fairly quickly. 
There is a couple coatings one can use for bare metal but certainly not automotive clear. The old school way was rubbing oil into the metal periodically. 

I feel like we talk about this like every couple months lol. 

Those shiny p51's arent clear coated. Nor are the jets from the cold war era. Its just plain ol anodized aluminum. 
The advent of SAMs stopped that shit quick fast though lol. As did the eventual use of Ti.

• Like 1
Do more research bare metal with a clear coat doesnt work. Clear coat is not a sealer, its porous and will rust and flake over time. 

agreed. i (mis)used the term 'clear coat' because i was too lazy to go into detail.

i have researched  and ill probably use a product such as PERMALAC or similar.

i had initially read that some dudes just maintain the fuck out of their bare metal (ie- periodic wd40 wipe downs,

sanding, etc)

luckily for me i live in sunny san diego so i dont get as much rain as you or the majority of the ratsun crowd aka WA

some reads:

http://www.killbillet.com/showthread.php?t=34116

http://www.sculptnouveau.com/pdf/how_to_apply_permalac_lacquer.pdf

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

actually I asked Fisch to Draw up a pic of a 510 with the fighter look and well here ya go.

I lost interest in painting my car that way cause the pics where posted before the car was painted.

and Skib beat me to it on the goon

Glad to see he ran with the idea and did up a few others excellent artist love his work. Look forward to seeing more.