gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Got the carb just about ready to go on the Goon. Had to change the linkage.

IMG_3559.jpg

Still have to clean it up befor putting it on. Also I'm up for any suggestions on jetting or what jets should work. It's going on a rebuilt L16 just slightly bored. Any one using a setup similar I'll be glad to hear any suggestions. The carb came off a 240Z 6 cylinder with 2 carbs.

After looking I'll have to use the shorter adapter because of the stock linkage would have to be modded wit the tall riser.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

jfnDewr.jpg

O4bzbcj.jpg

DPlpsCp.jpg

Busta looking good, I have to use the shorter adapter on my 32/36 rather than the high rise adapter I have due to the linkage hookup would have to be altered. Maybe I'll do that later just got to get car going on its own now. You wouldn't know a substitute spring for hooking up the original linkage? ( that small compression spring that is held with a washer and cotter pin) Love the Kiwi. Also I probably should get a taller air filter and clips like yours to hold the filter together, I have the thinner filter and clips, need more air flow.

Busta looking good, I have to use the shorter adapter on my 32/36 rather than the high rise adapter I have due to the linkage hookup would have to be altered. Maybe I'll do that later just got to get car going on its own now. You wouldn't know a substitute spring for hooking up the original linkage? ( that small compression spring that is held with a washer and cotter pin) Love the Kiwi. Also I probably should get a taller air filter and clips like yours to hold the filter together, I have the thinner filter and clips, need more air flow.

I'm not quite sure which spring you mean......oic?!

Oh...and Thx...it's coming along....

I'm not quite sure which spring you mean......oic?!

Oh...and Thx...it's coming along....

This compression spring.

IMG_2957.jpg

This one went back on the 70/510 at the building. I'm sure something is available somewhere. It keeps the linkage to the original carb together with the washer and cotter pin. I need a couple of them. Love that pink valve cover.

Also is that anL16 in the Goon and if so what might the jetting be on the carb?

• Like 1

This compression spring.

This one went back on the 70/510 at the building. I'm sure something is available somewhere. It keeps the linkage to the original carb together with the washer and cotter pin. I need a couple of them. Love that pink valve cover.

Also is that anL16 in the Goon and if so what might the jetting be on the carb?

We have a box of springs at the shop from whatever we find.....

.....I've been fortunate to find something I can use in it.....sometimes I cut a brake shoe hold down spring or something.......

...don't know if that helps.....

It's a 2.2 right now and not jetted properly at all......

.....I aquired this engine already re-done and had never been run.....

..........I just colored stuff on it....haha!!

.....it has issues.....

................I see if it blows before I re-do the one it came with..... :lol:

• Like 3

Pushed her out and washed her.

q5AWlWf.jpg

Pushed her back in and now in the #2 spot, next to be worked on after the coupe

oNoQM1j.jpg

Damn that shop needs some cleaning and that goon needs some lowering.

• Like 3

Pushed her out and washed her.q5AWlWf.jpgPushed her back in and now in the #2 spot, next to be worked on after the coupeoNoQM1j.jpgDamn that shop needs some cleaning and that goon needs some lowering.

Nice shop ,nice Goon.

I almost when to Harbor Freight to get two sets of those type dollies but didn't, I figured they will go on sale again.

Some of the best money I ever spent was on those dollies. Have 2 sets. Makes it so much easier to move cars around and helps for storing too.

Oh, and thanks, I like em both too.