gokiburix

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your right there Tanker, Well I'm off next week so I plan to get the rest of what I need all put on her to get her running. One of the things I have not been able to locate but know it's here somewhere is that tube that comes out the drivers side of the block and go's to the Pcv valve. If anyone has an extra they want to part with I be glad to compensate them. Something told me to get the one on the bay befor it someone else got it and they did get it. More posting this next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully that tube for the side of the motor will show up today. I have to clean this up and get it on and figured out.

04B9027F-7B95-430B-8DFA-BA4FD5763F23.jpg

Soon as I get those things on gonna put oil in her and radiator fluids in her and give her a crank.

1AA34F11-8AF1-46F3-904F-2D7B15F32A8B.jpg

Also get her rear wheels on and get her the ground.

• Like 1

Sitting hear thinking about fireing her up this Sun or Mon if I can get the last things done to her. Won't be long. Just hope she runs good and can drive right off, even if she dose issues start showing up later.

599CC2D3-DA05-40C3-AF87-6314DAAD3D58.jpg

Good luck getting her going. I love the colors...reminds me of rainbow sherbet ice cream!

• Like 2

Good luck getting her going. I love the colors...reminds me of rainbow sherbet ice cream!

Thanks,

I drove this car from about 89 till l let it sit cause a clutch quit in 04 (it threw something out of wack in the trans that at the time I did not understand it, it would not go into any gear, nothing would move when I tried to shift). I changed the panel's thinking I would paint her one day. It got hit in the right rear but I figured maybe I might find someone who could straighten her out.

The bottom of tank is gummed up with that old gas varnish tar junk. Gotta get some gas to flow through the line to the front. At least I can drain this tank easer. Got her started though using a can of gas. She's ruff but I expected that. All I can do at the moment. But boy it felt good to see that tach needle moving.

This little Orphan found its way to me. Another local 510 guy got word of this car at a tow yard and put me in touch with them. I believe it was going to be crushed. I dragged it home last week.

BA8032CB-BF5A-4102-B119-7FF7F1D6B003_zps

Th tires were pretty dry rotted and I had taken another set of good wheels and tires with me but since it was only 30 miles, I thought it would be ok. After about 10 miles, I heard some thwacking sound from the left rear. I thought I had a flat tire. Pulled over and checked and all looked good. The noise continued for a couple more miles so we pulled over again to check. Still nothing. Everything looked fine. Another few miles and I hear something hit the back window of my pickup truck. My buddy looks back and there is a chunk of tire tread on top the tool Box behind the window. He opens the sliding window and pulls the chunk in and shows it to me. We keep driving and the thwacking noise had stopped. So we figured maybe this chunk of tread was picked up off the highway and got stuck in the dolly fender well. Stopped again to check and make sure everything was ok. All looked good. Got the car home and unloaded it. Put away the dolly and stuff and dug out the new wheels and tires. Jacked up the back to change the tires and what is sitting against the ground? a bald ass spot on the left rear tire. It was hidden and I didn't see it until it was up in the air.

51E7D8A9-3B76-4AF6-99F5-B9FD701DDB0E_zps

Seems every time I stopped to check, the bad spot was on the bottom against the ground and looked fine. What's the chances of that happening like 4 times in a row?

I knocked some of the dirt and cobwebs off of it and bolted on a new set of wheels and tires I had laying around.

99BE4B3F-0467-4071-9880-1636E37B80AA_zps

I am waiting on the title.

It's a one owner car but there is still a lien on it from way back when. It should be cleared up soon.

Once I get the title, I'll decide what the plans are for it. Not sure if I want to keep or move it on to a new owner. But I always say that we as I want to keep them all.

Just saving it from the crusher is worth it for me.

I'll update more soon.

Oh and it had this cool manual that came with it. I have never seen this one before. Anybody seen this one?

14F99744-8652-4E93-A13A-1B1552DAD967_zps

5F280074-A301-4498-939A-D4AE90C40EFE_zps

• Like 4