GOONS check in

gokiburix

Yep, those were the days.

I remember buying a set about 5 years ago for $100. Didn't even own a wagon at the time but thought they were a good deal. Ended up selling them for $200 about six months before I got my wagon. Then I was sorry I had sold them. A set showed up on eBay and I bid like crazy and got them for $250 and was glad to have them. Now they are over $300. Seems like NOS Datsun parts are a better investment then the stock market.

• Like 3
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speaking of Wagon Lenses, I had posted a wanted ad for NOS or Mint condition tail light assemblies a while ago. Mostly I just wanted the chrome trim and the gaskets but I would be willing to buy the entire assemblies and then sell off what I already have.

Last Week,  I received an email from a member here who had the following.

NOS Left and Right Side USDM Lenses

NOS Left and Right Side Chrome trim that goes around the lenses

NOS RIght Side Gasket.

Thought you guys would like to see them. 

P1010039_zpse2fe52f4.jpg

P1010049_zps5b4cd679.jpg

Needless to say that I bought them. They are on their way here. I can't wait to see them. Now I am not sure if I want to go with the Euro Lenses or the Stock USDM lenses. I will probably mount one of each and see how they look. 

Now all I need is an NOS Left Side Gasket and I will be set. I have really nice housings. 

Anyone happen to have an NOS drivers side Gasket for a wagon tail light?

I will pay Cash or can offer other NOS parts for trade. See my wanted ad in the classifieds.

Thank you Ratsun Classifieds and Dave P.  :thumbup: 

IMG_1771_zpsb70b8b15.jpg

Welcome to Ratsun ,& the Goon Squad! I sure hope you already have new quarter window seals! I've always heard they were un-obtainable ,same thing about the rear hatch window seal. If you found some new,or NOS I'm sure everyone else would like to know where,so they can get those seals too.

Welcome to Ratsun ,& the Goon Squad! I sure hope you already have new quarter window seals! I've always heard they were un-obtainable ,same thing about the rear hatch window seal. If you found some new,or NOS I'm sure everyone else would like to know where,so they can get those seals too.

There are a couple of places that make replacement seals (Datsport in Australia and DatsunLandSocal) but they definitely aren't cheap.

There are a couple of places that make replacement seals (Datsport in Australia and DatsunLandSocal) but they definitely aren't cheap.

Thats no joke.

Slots_zps33e69c4a.jpg

D-slots are epic but only when the car is set up right and that goon is set up just right for them, awesome looking car man.

One thing I thought I saw way back was that someone had welded or I guess shaved or closed off the back door and windows on each side of a goon to make it look like a panel truck. If I'm right it looked pretty nice. If I can find a pic I'll post it.