GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The rear spoiler is from a 1986 Subaru GL wagon...

It's aluminum and I tapped mounting holes and mounted it with Stainless steel sheet metal screws...

In the pic it looks white, but it's polished aluminum. Originally it was black, but the Texas sun ate that paint...

The rear spoiler is from a 1986 Subaru GL wagon...

It's aluminum and I tapped mounting holes and mounted it with Stainless steel sheet metal screws...

In the pic it looks white, but it's polished aluminum. Originally it was black, but the Texas sun ate that paint...

HMM i like it maybe i should take a trip to the yard this weekend:D

yep, mine are the euro lights, and the reflectors under them have been shaved... along with the license lights, the vents and the rear door handles...

I had the euros up front, but they were cracked and faded, so put the US lenses back on until I can get a new set of the euro lenses

2644189666_6c32d4c6aa_b.jpg

... have been shaved... along with ...

gotta shave the hatch handle and lock next.

im gonna add an electric release on mine :D

i like the blacked out door frames too.

i used some hi-temp/chem resist labels (stickers :D ) on the door chrome.

I have no opinion on the Goon Squad sticker thing...

Just wanted to show the most recent photo of mine...

2643365613_91fe20a86d_b.jpg

Did you have to rewire your tail lights cause of the Euro lenses?

We remove the euro lenses cause it just didn't match up with brake, turn signal and running lights.

We remove the euro lenses cause it just didn't match up with brake, turn signal and running lights.

If you buy the euro housing and lens you don't have to rewire anything. I assume he has the whole set up.

Just like the front euro turn lenses. They don't look quite right when you turn em on with out the euro housing.

The previous owner did it. I've been in to look at the wiring and it actually appears he just got the lenses and re-wired the housing for it. It all works, but I had to add a baffle between the turn signal and brake because there was a lot of bleed over between them.

If you buy the euro housing and lens you don't have to rewire anything. I assume he has the whole set up.

Just like the front euro turn lenses. They don't look quite right when you turn em on with out the euro housing.

Up front I have the euro housings, no re-wiring required, just plug them in. Though the driver's side lens was separated between the white and amber, so I pulled them for the stock ones. I had a fairly clean set sitting on the shelf so it wasn't an issue. There are other priorities, but I'll get another set of the euro front lenses at some point. they just complete the look...

I know about the front turn signal housing.

But didn't know about the wagon tail light housing to be different.

Do you have pictures of these euro tail light housing?

Up front I have the euro housings, no re-wiring required, just plug them in. Though the driver's side lens was separated between the white and amber, so I pulled them for the stock ones. I had a fairly clean set sitting on the shelf so it wasn't an issue. There are other priorities, but I'll get another set of the euro front lenses at some point. they just complete the look...

If you are interested in selling that set let me know. I could use an extra incase my car's set gets destroyed. Mostly I need the split bulb housing.

So with the tail lights they did custom stuff for the euro lens? Not stock euro housings with three bulbs?

Well, I just bolted the US ambers into the euro housings up front, so... I'm kind of looking to keep them...

I don't really know if there's much difference between the euro and the US on the rear taillights. I know I had full the US setup on the back of my '71 and the housings are identical to what's on the '72, only the wiring is different.

The previous owner took quite a few shortcuts on things for the look he wanted, but then I guess that could be the case on any of our cars. I thought about starting a new thread "what did the previous owner of your Datsun do that you could not stand and had to fix as soon as you got home?"