Anybody know how to make a good shift boot?

I recently got a center console for my 73 B110 coupe, and now I have a big circle hole driving me crazy...I seen a guy on here use a Crown Royal bag, but didn't care much for the look. Well if anyone knows a neat way to do it, I'd like to hear it...thanks

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i cam tell you that a lot of those genetic ones are thin rubber and develop holes sooner or later. even if you were to run a crown royal bag or somethin similar youd want to use that over a rubber boot

boot= keeps out noise/cold/hot/water etc

something over the boot = asthetics

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Well I have the rubber piece, but mine is square...the hole in my console is round. I'm not much of an eBay person considering I'm a low budget builder. But the dealership sounds smart I've yet to try that...I'd still rather make a custom budget friendly option

You could always try to track down the stock part number for a specific one that you may want that would fit and see if nissanparts.cc has it.  I just ordered one a few weeks ago for my '66 Roadster and it showed up on my doorstep about a week later. 

Jegs or Summit.  Tons of options.  I have a nice Hurst floor shifter in there.  Be warned, if you get the chrome plate one, occasionally you get blinded when the sun is at the right angle and you shift to certain gears.  Still worth it, I love mine, keeps out cold and wet.

haha datlurka that reminds me of the sorting hat from harry potter.   and crown royal bag is an awesome easy quick fix.

currently watching-

BTW I actually have a crown bag slipped over my shift boot.

And a crown bag lined dash compartment.

And a crown bag over the cupholder.

And a tiny crown bag over the shift knob.

and one last crown bag that I clean my windows with.

I'm not going to buy the liqour, not much of a drinker, and when I do it's beer or once in a while wine with dinner. People are selling the bags all the time on Ebay for around $5.00. Hell, you can even buy a custom embroidered bag from Crown Royal's website for only $10.