*WTB Original Datsun 510*

So what is it your'e looking for ? there are 510's for sale all over the place.$8,000 bucks will get you a nice car.I think your'e being a little too particular.You want a 510 buy one and fix it up your way.They arent getting any cheaper and as time goes by there are less of them out there to choose from.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's paralysis by analysis syndrome...he wants one bad but knows he should test drive them.  And it's hard for him to come to West Coast or where ever the car is. 

maybe he has not had a lot of exp. in buying vintage cars cars like ours.  In due time, he will have to make  a decision....usually it goes like this...

-I want a Datsun because it's cool (ideal)

-I think I can buy a clean one, original and at a good price (what we think)

-Reality sets in and there's not that many choices (clean but out of price range, so so but has rust issue or don't like the interior or paint (Actual)

For lots of people, it takes a long time for the "actual or reality" to really get ingrained in their skull.

Give it time, NEXT stage, will be asking tons of questions about this or that.  This will obviously depend on their mech., elect and fab skills because they will need it or else it will cost sooooooooooooo much money/recources to get the thing on the road.  Another reality sits in.

Hence, a for sale sign on Craigslist which may go like this...ran out of money, no time, going to school, too busy..I have all the parts to get the car going all it needs is some TLC.  My lost your gain..and so on.  This is were the OGs of Datsun car owners and who's been doing this for a loooooooooong time will get pissed off or their stomah will churn..at any rate will see the nexp episode..stay tuned.

• Like 1

Im trying to work something out with that mellow yellow 4dr but we'll see. It's all original, but as i've learned "dont count your chickens before they hatch" especially in the Datsun community. At this point, if this one falls through (always more likely than not), I'm thinking I'll have to put a hold on everything and just wait for a car already built to come up for sale across these forums  B)

Alright, just so everyone knows I jumped ship on that 510 in Norco. The list of issues added up and with the help of some members on here I was able to see through the sellers bs. Which means I'm still on the lookout for a 510 built up already, or a legitly clean one.

And I'm sure ill take heat for this, but I'm also interested in the 240s now. So if you know of any of those that are really clean or maybe already built, let me know

you do know that these cars are like the 510s in that they will have similar issues, like rust, etc. They are w/in the same time frame.  Some even cost more.

IMO, you are giving up too early to find your 510.  What happened to having a cool 510 and original at that?

Well the 240s have been growing on me. And the realization hit that I'm better off waiting for the occasional "already finished" car to come across for sale. Plus it opens my horizon up a little instead of looking for a single car.

it's obvious there are more Zs than 510s...I also notice seeing a lot of Z guys wanting to trade their 240z for 510s..Happened to me 2x in 6 mos. But I will not let go.  510s is getting harder to find, specially 2 door. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.