*WTB Original Datsun 510*

I'm looking to buy an original Datsun 510. Preferably original paint. I'm open to see what the market has to offer but Im a sucker for the original blue that came on these cars. Please let me know what you have.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, I still like them probably up to '74. But the '68-69s didn't use as much plastic. They still had the metal vents, etc. Then we come to the color, and there's just something about having one of these with its original paint. It just fits  :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...
That's a later model tho :( I guess I should've specified. I'm looking for one no later than '74. My bad.

The early model 510 is known as the PL510. It was made as model years 1968 - 1973.

The later model 510 is known as the HL510. It was made as model years 1978 - 1981.

No 510s were made in 1974.

Just FYI.

Good luck with the search.

• 3 weeks later...

If your looking for a all original one, be prepared to spend over 10k, prices are getting ridiculous for our dimes, and now after jay lenno i shudder in fear of what may happen price wise with the idiots thinking their sitting on a gold mine. 

No phone number=spam.

Good.

More for us (buyers).

And...

No phone number also = less spam (for sellers)

and... fewer flakes, tire kickers, time wasters etc etc.

And...

If ya can't be bothered to click a link or two and write down some words and await a reply...

Do ya really want the car that bad?

But I guess it all depends on how ya' look at it.

btw...

That car looks sweet.

Not gonna lie, that tangerine is niceeee :thumbup:  I am currently talking to a man named Art, in SanFran, with a 20K mile original car. He's hands down one of the nicest people I have ever dealt with on the phone....but if it doesnt work I'll definetly be contacting the guy with this orange one

Pictures and phone number sells cars. I can understand if you post your car on here without a phone number. But, I would not reply to a Craigslist's ad that doesn't have a phone number; most just want your email address to send spam. Got burned a couple of times, but that's just me.

And that car does look awesome:)

Good.

More for us (buyers).

And...

No phone number also = less spam (for sellers)

and... fewer flakes, tire kickers, time wasters etc etc.

And...

If ya can't be bothered to click a link or two and write down some words and await a reply...

Do ya really want the car that bad?

But I guess it all depends on how ya' look at it.

btw...

That car looks sweet.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.