My latest 510 build.

scooter stuff

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I went to test fit my spook, it was 3 inches too narrow, WTF? So, i had to cut it in half and glass it back together.

402950_4544317090269_1312924341_n.jpg420205_4544318570306_843834033_n.jpg382360_4544321490379_121394812_n.jpg19581_4544324290449_883798998_n.jpg

Inspired!!!!

I thought mine was too narrow as well, heard that they came in different widths. good thing I haven't actually mounted mine yet (temp fitment with clamps)... definitely added to my 510-to-do list.

• 4 weeks later...

That is some really nice work. That other 510 's paint job is like one I remember from way back, 510again sold a T-shirt with a 510 that had a blue and yellow pain job like it. The 510 that is all apart in my garage needs floor pans and has a few spots that need attention.

Eddie

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question. If you received a fully disassembled/prepped 510 chassis on a trailer from a shipper,what would the dipping process cost all the way up to being reloaded on a trailer? I don't need a to-the-penny cost, just a ballpark. I didn't see that on the faqs section of the site. Your 510 is unreal,by the way, Ive been looking at a lot of them again,and this is looking like THE one to see.

Just a quick question. If you received a fully disassembled/prepped 510 chassis on a trailer from a shipper,what would the dipping process cost all the way up to being reloaded on a trailer? I don't need a to-the-penny cost, just a ballpark. I didn't see that on the faqs section of the site. Your 510 is unreal,by the way, Ive been looking at a lot of them again,and this is looking like THE one to see.

Hey! Thanks for the props! Are you wanting a price on the body shell, fenders, doors, cowl, valance, hood & decklid? 

Hey! Thanks for the props! Are you wanting a price on the body shell, doors, cowl, valance, hood & decklid? 

Everything... that would be a good fact to know. Being so close, thats a possibility that I could use the service as some point. 

My local metal dip strip company quoted me $1000 about 4 years ago. That was the complete stripped shell trailered to them with the hood, doors, fenders, trunk and quarter windows not attached but included. All parts needed to be completely stripped of glass and mechanicals prior to dipping. 

Probably a bit more now.

Yeah, just a ballpark figure on the entire body. Im most likely going to go with a local soda blast service, but depending on what your much better results dipping service costs???.... Not to threadjack, but Im building 2 510s. A 73 and a 71, both 2 doors. One is 97% rust free and straight from VA, the other I found up in the mountains here in Maine. Off the road since 1980,so it hasn't seen much salt, just getting crusty down in the rockers/underneath. Orig paint , no bondo anywhere. Thanks!

Hey! Thanks for the props! Are you wanting a price on the body shell, fenders, doors, cowl, valance, hood & decklid? 

Yeah, just a ballpark figure on the entire body. Im most likely going to go with a local soda blast service, but depending on what your much better results dipping service costs???.... Not to threadjack, but Im building 2 510s. A 73 and a 71, both 2 doors. One is 97% rust free and straight from VA, the other I found up in the mountains here in Maine. Off the road since 1980,so it hasn't seen much salt, just getting crusty down in the rockers/underneath. Orig paint , no bondo anywhere. Thanks!

Just a rough estimate- 510 body shell only, $1,200. Completew/ all exterior panels, $1,800. 

Just a rough estimate- 510 body shell only, $1,200. Completew/ all exterior panels, $1,800. 

Is there a ratsun discount, or is that the ratsun discount? :angel:

I'm sure the whole sale cost on that service is pretty high thought too.. dang EPA.